K so I got some strings, the Beefy Slinky Strings. The sizes are from 11-54

Would they for good for Drop B And A, Or just C and maybe B.

and by the way what are the tunings for Drop A and B? Thx
Current Gear:
New York Pro - 5 String Beaut
Some tom delonge green strat my friend made
Boss GT-6
Eden DC210XLT Metro Bass Combo 500W (if anyone else has this model and has any insight about it, do pm me)
For the tunings, you can probably find that yourself on google. For the strings, well, I'll be honest, for those tuning you're probably better off with a baritone scale guitar. Maybe even a bass.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
11-54 is, imo, not thick enough to handle Drop A, or Drop B tunings. I use 11's for standard D tuning (everything 1 step down).

Drop B:

B
F
A#
D#
G
C

Drop A:

A
D#
G#
C#
F
B

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Listen to my songs!

Hate Unleashed
"The song itself is simply awesome." - British Steel about Hate Unleashed
"Really good." - DarkTom666 about Hate Unleashed
A Pleasant Point

Crit for crit
I've done drop B on 11s, it was alright, but if you're going as low as drop A I'd go for like 13's. Or 7 String strings and just leave out the high E string.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Just adjust your action and Intonation. ****, The Sword tune down to C and only use light gauge strings (like 9 or 10s). That bit of extra slink gives you not only some extra heaviness when used right, but also allows you better control over bends and whatnot. You need SOME slink in the strings if you're gunna be doing a ton of leads, but you don't want em to feel like Rubber Bands. Slipknot use like 11 - 56s for Drop B and A, so you should be fine.
Depends, I've gone as low as drop A# on 10's without any rattling or dead notes.
It's all about how your guitar is set up. Look at Iommi, he played C# standard with 8's, because his guitar was setup to handle it
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
Iommi has always been the bar for setup of heavy tunings......

all this "heavy strings and low tunings are cool and heavier than anything else etc" is crap.

drop D is the heaviest sounding tuning if you ask me.
Quote by davedoom

all this "heavy strings and low tunings are cool and heavier than anything else etc" is crap.

Yeah, I used to think Drop C was awesome, but now that I've been playing more in Standard again, I can get that to sound heavier than any drop tuning ever hoped to sound
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Ed T H
11-54 is, imo, not thick enough to handle Drop A, or Drop B tunings. I use 11's for standard D tuning (everything 1 step down).

Drop B:

B
F
A#
D#
G
C

Drop A:

A
D#
G#
C#
F
B

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

drop b:

B
Fsharp
B
E
G sharp
C sharp

One semi-tone up ^^
Quote by davedoom

+1
BulletzAreScene
You will need at least 60 for the low A. 56 MIGHT work for B, but it's not great.

I really don't like tunings higher than C# btw... B-standard or drop-A# ftw
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball