I'm thinking about buying a DS-1 to do some mods to it. It's cheap and I've got some money lying around right now, so why not? I've heard great things about the Keeley mods, but I'm not sure which one to do. I found a site that tells me how to do both the All Seeing Eye Mod and the Ultra Mod. What are the positives and negatives/which one do you think is better?
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

im not impressed at all by it

i modded my SD-1 and its awesome

biggest improvement: cipping diodes to LEDs

screams
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Well I already have a TS808 and TS9 so I don't really want another overdrive. I'd like to be able use the pedals I mod, not just mod them for the hell of modding (but that's still fun).
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Because it's Robert Keeley. Anything he does to a pedal can only make it better.
Quote by forsaknazrael

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Any thoughts?
Quote by forsaknazrael

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

I was thinking about doing the "kurtlives91 mods" too. Actually, I'm leaning toward that. He seems like the guru of G B&C.
Quote by forsaknazrael

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

I had a keeley modded DS-1 and it was very disappointing, I sold it a bought a stock Boss SD-1 and modded it with a kit I bought from the bay - cant remember from who but it did blow the keeley pedal into the weeds, easily.
the kit cost about $20 and had a TS808 mod chip in it, took about 45 minutes to do and I was very, very surprised by the result.
i put both the A.S.E. and the ultra mods my ds-1 and, at least in my opinion, it makes the pedal much better. in fact, i actually use it now that the mods are on there. if your going to do just one though, i would say go for the A.S.E., thats what i find myself using the most.