I notice alot of people have absolutely no sound playing when they pick up a guitar or just move their fingers on the strings a hair bit. What effect pedal would do this? I know most of it is just knowing how to silence strings, but there seems to be more. Any help would be appreciated.
May be a noise gate. They may set the volume on their guitar to zero before they set it down. Turning on your tuner also works.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Turning the volume down will work, I play alot with heavy reverb, so it splashes a lot.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
The ones I have seen their amps are on. I have seen some getting a really clean sound with out the ruckus of handling the guitar without turning the sound down on the guitar. However I suppose they could have a volume pedal. Also does a noise gate take out hum from the amp signal?
definitely a noise gate
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
Everytime I'm done playing something on the guitar, it just comes natural to roll that volume knob all the way back.

Noise Gate is designed to work that way, as well. When not playing, you shouldn't hear any guitar, or ideally, amp hum either. Also, to cut the hiss and feedback.
Amps
Mesa Dual Recto 3 Ch
Peavey 6505 Combo

Cab
ENGL E212VH Cab

Guitars
Epi Explorer
Schecter Damien 6
Squier Strat (signed by Rob Zombie!)

Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensenble
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
Amp is on standby...guitar volume is down....volume pedal...
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell