My amp has only one input, labeled "guitar".

Do I need an amp with an "effects loop" or can I plug my guitar into a pedal, and then plug the pedal into the "guitar" input?

Thanks
You can put pedals in the line as well.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Idk.. I think EFFECT pedals (chorus,delay) go in the effect loop.. distortion/overdrive: pedal input = guitar ..... pedal output = guitar input.
No, it's the general input, just put your pedals into it too.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
The amp is a Line 6 15w.

I live in an apartment, so I can't get crazy loud.

I;m thinking of getting a ToneCore Uber Metal pedal, and I want to make sure when I bring it home, it will work properly.

The Line 6 does distortion, but not the kind I'm looking for, and the Uber Metal does, I think......
Quote by Habs
Idk.. I think EFFECT pedals (chorus,delay) go in the effect loop.. distortion/overdrive: pedal input = guitar ..... pedal output = guitar input.

Distortion and OD are also effects. But if you don't have an effects loop, just plug you guitar into the pedal and the pedal into the amp
Quote by sinister midget

The Line 6 does distortion, but not the kind I'm looking for, and the Uber Metal does, I think......

Try it out on an amp like yours to be sure it's not a waste of money for you. Good luck.
I want to be able to plug in and play, and not have to fiddle with a bunch of settings, like I have to with the amp.

I would imagine that with the 4 amp models and the Uber Metal pedal, there will be some pretty nasty distortion options.

I know most people hate Line 6 amps, but hey, it's all I've got for now.
The uber metal pedal is made by line 6 you tard....
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kool98769
The uber metal pedal is made by line 6 you tard....

Why am I a tard?

I know who makes the pedal.