So I have just aquired two new humbuckers. a Tone Zone and an Evolution.
my question is this:

Which would work better in the neck position? I need one that can provide excellent cleans more than distorted, as my other pickup is so hot it adds crunch to the cleanest tone I can possibly give it, but it provides WONDERFUL solo and power chord sounds.

I was thinking the Evo would go well, but my friend tells me it's cleans aren't as good. and the Tone Zone I think is a bridge pickup rather than a neck. If I were to get the bridge pickup installed in the neck place, would it make a difference?

also, the body wood I have is Hard Northern Ash Body if that makes a difference.
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
The Tone Zone has rotten cleans, but if it's a bridge Evo then that's not going to be much better...so go for the Evo and hope it's a neck one.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
yeah the evo is the neck pup
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
I have an evo in my SG, Sounds really nice in both Distortion and Clean in my opinion.
Fender 2006 70's Reissue Strat
ESP Custom Shop
Thanks =] I'll get it installed asap
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
I wouldn't say the TZ has horrible cleans.

I have one in my Ibanez, I personally don't like it too much clean, it has so much bass clean that it drowns almost everything else out. However, split, it sounds great and I like the sound of it better than any of my other pickups clean, including single coils I had in my Strat *shrug*

But I think you'd probably be better off going for the Evo in the neck if it's already a neck position pickup. I'd love to put some Evos in the bridge of whatever guitar I get next though, I don't know why people hate these so much, they sound so crisp and clear, maybe people just don't like that it shows their mistakes a lot more
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I agree, it splits nicely with a middle single, but on it's own it's simply too loud...sounds like youre running through a crappy overdrive pedal with a dying battery.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com