Poll Options
View poll results: What's it to be?
Crap personality/Great musician
56 36%
Great personality/Crap musician
101 64%
Voters: 157.
Page 1 of 2
A musician that has a great talent playing their instrument but has the personality of a baked potato. Or...a below average musician but one with a great personality and is lots of fun?
Probably the second...you cna aways gain skills...
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
I would rather have an average musician. Being in a band is more about having a good time than being the most technically proficient guys out there, unless that's what you want. I've been in bands with people I didn't really care for and it sucked because I didn't like hanging out with them. My new band is all people that are really not that great but they're improving a lot and we have a lot of fun just playing in our living room.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
First. Because otherwise your band would be a joke. So long as he's bearable and a nice-ish guy.
The talented guy.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
my rhythym guitarist is pretty ****ty. but he's frickin hilarious. we just put his amp really low.
Guitar
Fender Alder Strat w/ SD Invader, P90
Fender Blacktop Telecaster
Ovation Celebrity
Amp
Bolt BTH-100 w/ Marshall 1960A Lead
Drums
OCDP Avalon Series w/ Zildjian Custom A/K

Psycho Circus
No Boundaries Studios
The one with music skills. I'll handle the personality thing. Bands only need one member who's eye-catching.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
the second, a bass really fills out the sound
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
second.
being in a band is about fun and enjoying yourself.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by cjpiquette
my rhythym guitarist is pretty ****ty. but he's frickin hilarious. we just put his amp really low.

What's the point of even having him in the band if nobody's gonna hear him?
Quote by SteveHouse

Quote by tayroar

Quote by crazy8rgood

Quote by 36mikeyb36
Quote by famefornothing
yeah second, they'd be back up guitarist..haha

or bassist
One
We are one
one is the beginning
are you one Herbert?

I'm not Herbert
Quote by Chrisiphone
second.
being in a band is about fun and enjoying yourself.

Being a professional band, however, is about making music good enough to earn you a living. Chances of that are fairly low if one of your members can't play your songs.

First one to say Sid Vicious will be killed by my righteous e-fists of fury.
good personality, that way if you suck you can play punk, not that all punk bands are bad instrumentalists, but there's a reason there's the stereotype
Well, the band isn't going to get anywhere, so the second one. Just fuck around and have a laugh.
Quote by LazySandman
the second, a bass really fills out the sound

u'r such an ass.
lol
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Depends on if you want your band to make it big. If your band plays only local gigs you want to be friends with them cause it's more fun. If you trying to be successful and get a record deal you need talented people in the band. My band knows we're not going to be famous so we just try to have fun and make a little extra money from time to time. I'm not saying we suck or anything like that. We're just not anything special.
Quote by zakkwyldefan79
My band knows we're not going to be famous so we just try to have fun and make a little extra money from time to time. I'm not saying we suck or anything like that. We're just not anything special.

I don't understand how anybody in a band could have this mentality.
If you consider yourselves as "not anything special", then why even do it?
Why not try to make something worth playing or remembering?
Quote by SteveHouse

Quote by tayroar

Quote by crazy8rgood

Quote by 36mikeyb36
First guy, no contest.

I want to make good music and have a good time. Fortunately, making good tunes is having a good time to me.
Quote by zakkwyldefan79
Depends on if you want your band to make it big. If your band plays only local gigs you want to be friends with them cause it's more fun. If you trying to be successful and get a record deal you need talented people in the band. My band knows we're not going to be famous so we just try to have fun and make a little extra money from time to time. I'm not saying we suck or anything like that. We're just not anything special.

That is really a pessimistic way of looking at thins.
With that attitude your band will never be good enough to make it.

You've gotta aim high. Be unrealistic and aim high. That is the only way to make it.
Option one lasts one album and then gets fired or walks on his own accord.
Option two - While he'll never do great on a solo album, will at least be funny as a drugged monkey in a glass barrel on tour
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Quote by Sleaze Disease
I don't understand how anybody in a band could have this mentality.
If you consider yourselves as "not anything special", then why even do it?
Why not try to make something worth playing or remembering?

I'm 29 and I'm the youngest one in the band. We've played together since highschool and we love playing music together. We have changed bass players a few times, but not because they couldn't play they had personality issues. The rest of us have stayed together. I didn't mean to make it sound as bad as it it did. We just look at it like this we like to play so we're going to play if we people like us that's fine if they don't that's fine too. When we first got together we really wanted to make it, but now some of us are married with kids and have decent jobs. Taking care of our famlies is more important these days. We still love music so we play when we can. We have a good fan base around here and that's fine with us. After almost 15 years we've come to terms with the idea it's not gonna happen. There's more to life than being famous.
Crap personality. So many bands have members that always seem like they're in a bad mood or not wanting to talk to anyone. Doesn't matter to me. The music is more important.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
If I can't get along with someone I can't work with them.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Definately the second. As long as the musician can play adequately, personally id rather have someone that id get along with than someone who i hate which would bring the band to an end.
So what you're a retard, but without people like you in the world i wouldn't feel so good about myself.
Quote by FoolOnThePlanet
Probably the second...you cna aways gain skills...

What he said.
Quote by zakkwyldefan79
I'm 29 and I'm the youngest one in the band. We've played together since highschool and we love playing music together. We have changed bass players a few times, but not because they couldn't play they had personality issues. The rest of us have stayed together. I didn't mean to make it sound as bad as it it did. We just look at it like this we like to play so we're going to play if we people like us that's fine if they don't that's fine too. When we first got together we really wanted to make it, but now some of us are married with kids and have decent jobs. Taking care of our famlies is more important these days. We still love music so we play when we can. We have a good fan base around here and that's fine with us. After almost 15 years we've come to terms with the idea it's not gonna happen. There's more to life than being famous.

I see what you're saying.
For me, personally, it's all or nothing.
Quote by SteveHouse

Quote by tayroar

Quote by crazy8rgood

Quote by 36mikeyb36
I'd rather an amazing musician in my band. For reasons so long that I can't be bothered to write them out.
Third out in the MOD contest '08.
just need a drummer who can hold a 4/4 beat for 1 hour while i wank of my ibanez!
Quote by Sleaze Disease
I see what you're saying.
For me, personally, it's all or nothing.

That's how we all felt when we were younger. Unfortunatly not all bands can make it big. I wish you luck maybe you'll become a superstar one of these days.
That's a tough one... maybe if he was rhythm guitar then the second is fine. He could get better.
Quote by zakkwyldefan79
That's how we all felt when we were younger. Unfortunatly not all bands can make it big. I wish you luck maybe you'll become a superstar one of these days.

Well, I'm not that young, I mean I'm 20.
But yeah, I'm gonna make it.
Failing is not an option.
Quote by SteveHouse

Quote by tayroar

Quote by crazy8rgood

Quote by 36mikeyb36
Wow this is very ironic, because the band I play in has both of these members. the keyboard player has a great personality but is a bad musician. I don't mean to brag, but I write most of the band's material and I am a reserved person.
Crap musicians can get better, people with crappy personalities are usually stuck like that.
Your opinion is just that, YOUR opinion. It doesn't make you right. It doesn't make you better. It doesn't make you god. Everyone has their own view and that view is neither right or wrong.

Ignorance destroys music.
Page 1 of 2