I heard a while back of a free software that lets you block some sites for a certain period of time, so if you're studying and get distracted easily by certain sites (UG andm facebook for me lol), you can block them for an hour or two and actually do your homework. Anyone heard of this and knows the software's name?
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
Just don't go on the computer, if you need the computer then just try and busy yourself so you forget about it
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Quote by Jaymz_515
Willpower.

It doesn't work
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
Why would anybody want to do that!?!?!??! lol
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Classic Ebony with gold hardware
Fender American Stratocaster 3 color sunburst maple fretboard tortoise shell pickguard
Martin 000-M Auditorium
Mesa Boogie F-50
Maxon OD-9
Dunlop 535Q Wah pedal
Quote by blues-guitarist
It doesn't work

Superwillpower then.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

Quote by cam_sampbell
Just don't go on the computer, if you need the computer then just try and busy yourself so you forget about it

Yea, i normally do that but sometimes when i'm writing an essay or doing a research project i use the computer and get distracted
-Homer Simpson
If self-discipline won't stop you procrastinating, no software will.
Quote by af_the_fragile
Internet Explorer.

yes trust me.
You can block certain websites on it. Then later unblock them.

right, with IE you can unblock them...with the software im talking about you cant, if you block a site for an hour you cant unblock it within that hour
-Homer Simpson
I feel your pain. Its almost 4am here and I have an essay due in the morning but I can't get off UG and facebook. Maybe someones commented on facebook since I last checked 10mins ago, I mean its only 3:45. I better go check
Quote by smb
If self-discipline won't stop you procrastinating, no software will.

but it can help lol
-Homer Simpson
Quote by blues-guitarist
but it can help lol
No it won't help. It'll just mean you waste more time fucking around with the software before you start working. You're an idiot if you can't see that this is stupid.
Quote by samick007
turn off the computer that always helps me, I have the same problem

Yea, i normally don't use my computer at all when doing homework, the problem comes when i need the computer to do my homework (write an essay, do research, etc)
-Homer Simpson
Quote by smb
No it won't help. It'll just mean you waste more time fucking around with the software before you start working. You're an idiot if you can't see that this is stupid.

from what i heard last time about the software, you just put a time, add the websites and it blocks them...it doesnt take that much time
-Homer Simpson
Quote by blues-guitarist
right, with IE you can unblock them...with the software im talking about you cant, if you block a site for an hour you cant unblock it within that hour

Then i'm afraid to say the only one i know is called self control!!!!
There is a file under \windows\system32 somewhere that you can add webpages and IP's to block them completely. Can't remember what it's called, or the exact location of it though.

EDIT:
Found it.
Under \Windows\System32\drivers\etc, there is a file simply called "hosts". Open it in notepad, and you can add the websites you want to block. I advice you to not remove any that are there from before.
This goes for both Vista and XP.
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.
Last edited by Sheepdragon at Aug 31, 2008,
Pull the internet cable out of your computer, blindfold yourself and hide it somewhere so you can't see where you're hiding it. It works.
I just need about $3.50
(<X.X)O=('.'Q)

I'm the motherflippin'
Quote by af_the_fragile
Then i'm afraid to say the only one i know is called self control!!!!

yea
-Homer Simpson
the hosts things work pretty well
I usually end up being too lazy to unblock it so its a success

also, depending on your router, you can block access to websites on there too

if you're on a mac you might want to try this: http://www.ibiblio.org/fred/freedom/

edit: if you need to study, go to the library
I get crazy amounts of stuff done in there in just 2 or 3 hours