Ok, I've heard conflicting reports on wheter lemon oil should be used on a rosewood fretboard. So naturally, I'm very confused. I'd love if someone could clear this up for me.
Sure it's okay!

But keep it away from Maple!
FEED ME MATHCORE

Quote by sashki

I also speak German, except no-one gives a shit.

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE, AWAKE WHEN THE SUN HITS THE SKY
Use sparingly and wipe excess off. You shouldn't need to do it often.
Moving on.....
Yup, it's what it's used to clean it.

Maple, you should just use some soapy water or furniture polish.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
I've read some posts that claim that the use of lemon oil dries out the fretboard, is this true?
You should only lemon oil the neck once every couple years really. To clean, some companies make products to clean it, or you could resort to some elbow grease.
Quote by Lil Macker
Yup, it's what it's used to clean it.

Maple, you should just use some soapy water or furniture polish.

You mean for finished maple right? What can you do with unfinished maple?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by ScottB.
You mean for finished maple right? What can you do with unfinished maple?

You could use some specially designed fretboard cleaner. Either that or some really fine sandpaper to rub at it, your choice..
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by MrSheen
Ok, I've heard conflicting reports on wheter lemon oil should be used on a rosewood fretboard. So naturally, I'm very confused. I'd love if someone could clear this up for me.

some purists love synthetic linseed oil.

imo, it's a bit overkill, because like said, it's a once a year use sparingly type thing.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
some purists love synthetic linseed oil.

imo, it's a bit overkill, because like said, it's a once a year use sparingly type thing.

I've heard of linseed oil for use as well. Just don't use any organic oils as they can rot!
Moving on.....
Yes on the lemon oil, I had my Focus 1000 set up in the shop and thats what they use and he recommended it. I used Old English Lemon Oil, same type as he had and it works great.

Edit:

This is also a good read on fretboard maintenance, from a well respected store in Toronto. Just check out the $40,000 real 50's Strats they have on sale
http://www.12fret.com/fret/fv2n2.htm
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Last edited by DSOTM80 at Sep 1, 2008,
yay. but dont use too much or i think your fretboard could actually start to flake apart. like overhydrated wood. almost did that to my guitar. it was so soft... yeah so i didnt play it for like a week and i blow dried the fretboard, not with the hot air, but while pressing the cold button. yeah dont do that... but yes for lemon oil.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack