anyone on UG go there? or live in Brighton?

Or known much about the music scene in Brighton?
---------------------------
Main gear
Prs Custom 22
Gibson LP Junior
Marshall DSL 50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12
Trex OD, MXR Super Comp
Korg Pitch Black, MXR Carbon Copy.
PedalTrain 2 (soft case)
The music scenes very strong down here, great place to live in my opinion.

One of my mates was at BIMM this year but didn't really enjoy it that much although hes only interested in metal. I think with a broad interest in genres it's actaully a lot better place to be.
No. And no. But enjoy and good luck.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
Quote by stueey
anyone on UG go there? or live in Brighton?

Or known much about the music scene in Brighton?

Keep us posted, I'd quite like to go there when I'm older

EDIT: What instrument?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by ScottB.
Keep us posted, I'd quite like to go there when I'm older

I will do, can't wait to start!

I have to live off £32.59 a week tho lol

Edit: guitar
Main gear
Prs Custom 22
Gibson LP Junior
Marshall DSL 50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12
Trex OD, MXR Super Comp
PedalTrain 2 (soft case)
Quote by stueey
I will do, can't wait to start!

I have to live off £32.59 a week tho lol

Edit: guitar

u need pot noodles and tesco brand cola
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Quote by Vampire 255

On that budget, tesco value noodles even
Quote by Vampire 255

Nonono he needs Appleade since it's only 30p a bottle and it's great.
I just need about $3.50
(<X.X)O=('.'Q)

I'm the motherflippin'
TS, if you've got any specific questions about Brighton feel free to ask eg best guitar store, record shop, venues, cheap bars..
Quote by Meatball200
On that budget, tesco value noodles even

ok pot noodles for special occations
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Yup, Music scene is good but could be better. A lot of big bands you'll have to go up to London to see but thats one easy train away. Local bands are good but there's a fair amount of crap. For records check out the north lanes (GAK area) which has resident and the punker bunker, both stocking CD's you won't get in virgin or HMV. Thats also the best area for cafe's and clothes. If you need a quick lunch go to Pizza Fritta in Churchill sq where you can get a good square of pizza for under £2.

And watch out for the seagulls.
Cheers for the help

Anything else I should or might wana know?
Main gear
Prs Custom 22
Gibson LP Junior
Marshall DSL 50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12
Trex OD, MXR Super Comp
PedalTrain 2 (soft case)
Be prepared to be charged pretty steep prices for a pint in most pubs, 3 quid or more for a lager isn't really frowned upon. Pav Tav at the bottom of North Street is cheap especially before 10 and is full of students.

Where abouts is your accomodation?
Quote by Meatball200
Be prepared to be charged pretty steep prices for a pint in most pubs, 3 quid or more for a lager isn't really frowned upon. Pav Tav at the bottom of North Street is cheap especially before 10 and is full of students.

Where abouts is your accomodation?

round the corner from BIMM west
Main gear
Prs Custom 22
Gibson LP Junior
Marshall DSL 50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12
Trex OD, MXR Super Comp
PedalTrain 2 (soft case)
Hey meatball200 have you been in the toilets in the pavtav? in the left stool there's a 4chan/something awful war going on on the wall. Chequers in preston street is pretty decent priced too and the staff are cool, it also has the benefit of being surrounded by cheap fast food.
Quote by stueey
round the corner from BIMM west

Did you get Halls?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
woo im going to BIMM next term, Bimm west i think, what course you doing on guitar?
Quote by danlally
woo im going to BIMM next term, Bimm west i think, what course you doing on guitar?

the lvl 5/degree course thing.

u?
Main gear
Prs Custom 22
Gibson LP Junior
Marshall DSL 50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12
Trex OD, MXR Super Comp
PedalTrain 2 (soft case)
Quote by stueey
the lvl 5/degree course thing.

u?

Im doing the diploma, can't wait!
Cool

I live just around the block from BIMM (the west one I guess, off Western Rd.) There's a *great* burger place close to BIMM called Burger Off, excellent chips..

I dont know the ins and outs of Brighton, moved here about a year ago from Austin, Texas..

It's really expensive, buses cost a fortune but you can walk/cycle to most places.

If you want to buy anything from GAK (guitar store), check out their online store, much cheaper than in the shop.
Quote by ottbot
Cool

I live just around the block from BIMM (the west one I guess, off Western Rd.) There's a *great* burger place close to BIMM called Burger Off, excellent chips..

I dont know the ins and outs of Brighton, moved here about a year ago from Austin, Texas..

It's really expensive, buses cost a fortune but you can walk/cycle to most places.

If you want to buy anything from GAK (guitar store), check out their online store, much cheaper than in the shop.

Ya burger off is great, GAK is great but they have some right asswipe who works there at the weekend, grr.
Quote by danlally
Ya burger off is great, GAK is great but they have some right asswipe who works there at the weekend, grr.

which guy?
Quote by kaptink
which guy?

Dunno his name, long hair, loves himself, kind of guy.
Quote by danlally
Dunno his name, long hair, loves himself, kind of guy.

walks into *gak*

I heard about you in a forum, aparrently ur a total ****.
Main gear
Prs Custom 22
Gibson LP Junior
Marshall DSL 50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12
Trex OD, MXR Super Comp
PedalTrain 2 (soft case)
Quote by nightraven
i heard guthrie govan teaches there

so did I!

had a masterclass with him, he come to my college, blew my balls off lol
Main gear
Prs Custom 22
Gibson LP Junior
Marshall DSL 50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12
Trex OD, MXR Super Comp
PedalTrain 2 (soft case)
So you've got £32.59 week to live on? Does that include money to go out drinking? Good luck with that.
Make sure to guard your anus at all times. Other than that Brighton has a pretty good music scene from memory with a good few music shops.
Quote by Kendawg4TooL
You know you're a bassist when you think a guitar is just some freaky type of short scale, six string bass.

This is The Central Scrutinizer......
I'm a metalhead and I'm struggling to find a good music scene but I guess for other genres it ain't bad. Gaks probably the best place for guitar stuff. If your going to buy something or are intrested in anything always ask if you can have it cheaper or for the internet price. There's a nice guy at gak, long grey hair, middle aged. Keep an eye on the second hand department-they have some intresting stuff in there. I don't know if they still have them but they had some of gary moores guitars and yes he realy does have a house in Brighton as my guitar teacher bumped into him twice near the jubilee library.

Try and get a second hand bike as the buses are a rip off and the prices keep going up.

Quote by musicmanstinger
Make sure to guard your anus at all times. Other than that Brighton has a pretty good music scene from memory with a good few music shops.

Brighton has loads of guys but they generaly keep to themselves apart from the annual gay pride parade.
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Special 2
ESP EX-400
Roland Cube-15
Bugera 6260 head
Home made 2x12 loaded with celestion G12t-100s

OPETH FTW
Last edited by rockdan101 at Aug 31, 2008,