So my friend Emily skipped alot of school last year, and got kicked out for the year. Now she wants to go back, and both her local school and the Go program (Remedial school for kids who don't do well in public school or misbehave) denied to let her come back, they said she has to take night classes or get her GED.

My question is, is this legal? This seems so messed up, they're denying her an equal education.
Dickless.
she f*cked up her chance .. but I don't know anything about your legal system or whatever
Or...she was too stupid to embrace the opportunities of a good education when she had the chance. Seriously, education is basically free and will help you, despite being boring sometimes.
How old is she? cos although everybody is entitled to an education, if you're above a certain age and all you do is piss about, they don't have to do anything. I think.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Yes, it is legal, and I can understand why they did it. I don't want dumbasses getting their high school diplomas (worth nothing these days) and roaming my streets without the knowledge of basic arithmetic, thank you.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Beacuse of this site, every time I see "Is this legal" I have to say this (I'm sorry, The Pit made me do it):

k koo
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Thales
Or...she was too stupid to embrace the opportunities of a good education when she had the chance. Seriously, education is basically free and will help you, despite being boring sometimes.

This.
Quote by Aussie_skater
everyone listen to PLOP he knows the way of the forum samurai

Quote by Seth Shadows
^PLOP = Best, username, ever.

REVOCATION FTW! 9/9/9
Im guessing so. My old school has a rule now that if you miss more than 7 days per nine weeks you fail so my guess is they can do whatever the **** they want.
Shouldn't have skipped all that school, she got what she deserves in my mind. She had her equal shot once
In loco parentis, they can do what they want, blah blah blah. They have no obligation to take you if you balls things up.
Quote by Twisted Magnum
Oh I thought TS said Emily stripped a lot at school last year...

on topic her own fault
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Quote by MetalMilitia212
So my friend Emily skipped alot of school last year, and got kicked out for the year. Now she wants to go back, and both her local school and the Go program (Remedial school for kids who don't do well in public school or misbehave) denied to let her come back, they said she has to take night classes or get her GED.

My question is, is this legal? This seems so messed up, they're denying her an equal education.

No she had denied herself an equal education by being a dickwad. Education is a privelage not a right.

And yes it is perfectly legal.
I agree with most of the posters.

She ****ed up, her responsibility.
It's probably legal, school boards should know the laws pretty well and they have almost no reason not to let people in otherwise. Your friend messed up her chances at normal school so she should go for the GED or night classes and still end up with a good education.
Yes they're really going to do something illegal in a country where the citizens sue because they didn't realise their hot coffee was hot.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by OddOneOut
Yes they're really going to do something illegal in a country where the citizens sue because they didn't realise their hot coffee was hot.

Yeah but according to the lawyers it was...DEFECTIVELY HOT.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
I honestly think your school made the right decision. It's her fault that she can't get back in now. They offered her a chance for education and she evidently didn't want it...
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

Quote by MetalMilitia212

of course it's legal.

just because she chose not to learn and broke the rules, why should they let her back in because she's now realised what an idiot she's been?

that's just stupid.

let her fail in life to teach her a lesson. that's what i say.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Yeah, it's completely legal for the school not to take you in. Your entitled to an education, but if you **** it up with a school, they have no obligation to let you back in.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
ts, i know this isn't what you wanna hear since she's your friend and all, but i agree completely with the other posters.

i really hate people who just screw off in school. it's a waste of my parent's tax dollars and a waste of the student's life and future.
it depends on how full the school is, how rich the area is, and how the legal system is there.

in my school district if you get 10 unexcused absences you can come back to the district so it depends i guess look it up online
I'm Steve
Quote by smb
She won't sleep with you.

For those who didn't understand what this thread was getting at.

Schools are entitled to do as they please and it's likely she was expelled, which in mosted cases means her return is dependent on the judgement of the principal and they in all likelihood feel she will do the same again.

It's not as if they care about her skipping school, they get paid for every day that they have a student in a desk and by letting someone like her in - and then skip - she costs them money.
Quote by Twisted Magnum

ya me too i though 'aaaawwwwww why isn't emily in my school'

WAIT is emily hot?(typical pit question)
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
Quote by Twisted Magnum

pics please
it never happened did it?