Hi,

I just had a question about my Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue, I love my amp, I was playing the blues for quiet a while, and when I bought a new amp this was the thing for me, I haven't heard no beter cleans than on that baby, but then, a while ago I heard about these boss pedals which simulate the Fender Deluxe Reverb and Bassman and they got a lot of overdrive out of it.

Well, I want some of that nice overdrive too, but, I don't have any, I mainly use my MXR Distortion III for overdrive (just keeping the drive down).
Perhaps I don't crank it enough ? I use it on the Vibrato channel, in the '2' input and volume about 5 with my fender stratocaster with Seymour Duncans vintage staggered, perhaps the guitar is to clean?

Any help appreciated!
yeah you would need to turn it up super loud. and if you use the regular (non vibrato) channel, you will get a bit more gain, as its a simpler circuit.

just get a nice OD pedal for it.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Any overdrive pedal suggested to get a Buddy Guy/Eric Clapton/John Mayer 'esque solo overdrive ? You know, that gritty overdrive ?
tubescreamer would suffice. i use it and works great. mayer uses alot of different of pedals including the tubescreamer, marshall bluesbreaker, and zendrive.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
I just bought a Deluxe reverb, why does everyone say it doens'nt have enough OD for blues, it has plenty for me, look at a Tubescreamer for a blues sim.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
well single-coil pickups aren't really made for distortion and overdrive.
that's ur problem I guess...try to borrow a friends guitar with a humbucker.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Thanks, I heard about the tubescreamer and the bluesbreaker, is the bluesbreaker any good, seen the very low price ?
isnt the bluesbreaker a Marshall amp?

you might be thinking the blues driver. boss makes it.

check out the Voodoo labs Sparkle Drive. i just picked one up, and WOW. best 130 USD ive ever spent. until i get my delay later on today......
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
yes its a marshall amp, but its also a marshall OD pedal. and a pretty nice one in my opinion. one of the best for actually useing as a dirt box instead of a boost.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
hmm, i didnt know that. cool. too bad im not really a bluesman.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by Canucks486
Hi,

I just had a question about my Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue, I love my amp, I was playing the blues for quiet a while, and when I bought a new amp this was the thing for me, I haven't heard no beter cleans than on that baby, but then, a while ago I heard about these boss pedals which simulate the Fender Deluxe Reverb and Bassman and they got a lot of overdrive out of it.

Well, I want some of that nice overdrive too, but, I don't have any, I mainly use my MXR Distortion III for overdrive (just keeping the drive down).
Perhaps I don't crank it enough ? I use it on the Vibrato channel, in the '2' input and volume about 5 with my fender stratocaster with Seymour Duncans vintage staggered, perhaps the guitar is to clean?

Any help appreciated!

Turn the volume up to 5-6 and it will start to break up when you pick hard, and dime it to get more saturation.

The deluxe reverb really isn't that loud, just find a larger room and turn it to 10.
Last edited by al112987 at Aug 31, 2008,
You mentioned using the "2" input. The second input on each channel has less gain.

I've been using a Boss GT6 into my Fender amp, but I'm looking for something more portable. I've heard good things about the tubescreamer, the mainstream pedal everyone knows, but I've also heard good things from some online friends about the Fulltone overdrive pedal.
Quote by CashWiley
You mentioned using the "2" input. The second input on each channel has less gain.

+1 True, the second input on either channel will break up later in the dial. Get a decent overdrive. Make a list of what you have so far (and other so come) in the thread and a Maxon OD808 and see what you like best.