Hello everyone.

I was wondering how you would desolder an input jack, the tools you need, any advice in general would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.
just a soldering iron and some desoldering braid will do the trick.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
instructions on how to solder is on the soldering iron kit.

the braid soaks up the melted solder after heating. once it's gone, the wire pulls or falls off.

just dont over heat wires. use a little clip on the wire to absorb the heat. "heat sink"
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
What do you mean by don't overheat the wires. Are you talking about the wires that will be reconnecting back to the input jack, or what?
if you plan on taking off the wire At the Jack...

then you heat these two wires. one at a time at the joint.

you use the little clip that comes wt the pack, to clip onto the wire, so that when you heat the joint, the heat doesnt run along the wire and back to the pot (making the pot hot).

if you overheat a pot you can damage it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Well the wires arent actually connected anymore, they snapped off due to me being a dumbass. So I'm basically trying to de-solder the jack so I can get the old wire fragments out of there. But to re-solder I should still probably use the clip on the wires so the pots don't get hot, correct?

Quick edit, where can I find a soldering kit with the wire clips you were speaking of, my parents soldering iron is pretty old so I figured I would just get a new one.
Last edited by jajunksoup at Aug 31, 2008,
in the US? radio shack.

sometimes a hardware store or home depot too.
a kit comes with a little 60/40 solder, a ~30w iron, a little clip and a stand, for about $15.

i also like a little needle nose plier, helps pull of dead wires.

and the black wire goes on inner most lug.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62