Hi Everyone. I have two quick questions I was hoping this well-informed forum could help me out with...

1) What is the most versatile guitar in the 500-800 dollar price range? (If it helps, I don't want a trem, I'm not really interested in playing much metal, and I don't care about shape at all).

2) How do you guys get the most out of your trades? I'm looking to replace my RR3 (shameless plug, see my sig), and I'm thinking that would be the best way to go...

3) (because I can) ... does anyone have some info on Fernandes Guitars? Are all of them (Even the low end ones) made in Japan?

Thanks.
that would be an epiphone les paul standard i guess
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Quote by Serjem
that would be an epiphone les paul standard i guess

Aren't those only around $400 new?
most guitars from the prs se line

an se custom or singlecut can do just about nething, and they r only 600 dollars

i have one and am very happy with it
Fender HSS Strat. Why have 2 humbuckers, that's not very versitle compared to the Fender.

You can then give it a pickup change, and you'll have a banging guitar.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
or an LP,SG style guitar or an HSS strat...they're even more versatile guitars than HH ones...
I don't know much about Fernandes guitars...I only know that Billi Joe Armstrong uses them.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by prsrulz91
most guitars from the prs se line

an se custom or singlecut can do just about nething, and they r only 600 dollars

i have one and am very happy with it

How is the upper fret access on the SE? Also, if you don't mind me asking, what kind of amp do you use?
Quote by Lil Macker
Fender HSS Strat. Why have 2 humbuckers, that's not very versitle compared to the Fender.

You can then give it a pickup change, and you'll have a banging guitar.

I see. The only problem I have with the Fenders is that generally I don't like the necks. I have big hands (I'm about 6'2), and so my fingers always feel really squished together when I am playing chords and such. I can appreciate the versatility of the fat strat though...
Id say an Epi LP Custom. Apparently it has much better pickups and body wood than the Standard.
Quote by Kozlic
or an LP,SG style guitar or an HSS strat...they're even more versatile guitars than HH ones...
I don't know much about Fernandes guitars...I only know that Billi Joe Armstrong uses them.

I've become enamored with the SG as of late...but I don't think I can afford a MIA model...d'oh.
Quote by Squad Car
I see. The only problem I have with the Fenders is that generally I don't like the necks. I have big hands (I'm about 6'2), and so my fingers always feel really squished together when I am playing chords and such. I can appreciate the versatility of the fat strat though...

Can't you play a Strat then? Hmm...

Tough call.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by qotsa1998
Id say an Epi LP Custom. Apparently it has much better pickups and body wood than the Standard.

It's a cool looking guitar, but I've never been able to find one in stores...do you have any experience with it?
Quote by Lil Macker
Can't you play a Strat then? Hmm...

Tough call.

I'm not really sure...I don't really know a lot about neck radius and such...
Quote by Squad Car
It's a cool looking guitar, but I've never been able to find one in stores...do you have any experience with it?

I think it has the same pickups 'Alnico Classic Humbuckers'.

Maybe you could get one of them, and shove a P94 in the neck for single coilness, and replace the humbucker with a really nice one.

Then you'll have a versitile guitar.

EDIT: Maybe you should give a Strat another go aswell, the longer scale length should help with longer fingers aswell.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker

Maybe you could get one of them, and shove a P94 in the neck for single coilness, and replace the humbucker with a really nice one.

EDIT: Maybe you should give a Strat another go aswell, the longer scale length should help with longer fingers aswell.

How is a P-94 different from a P-90?
Quote by Lil Macker

I'm basing a lot of my complaints on a Squier (Affinity) Strat guitar...so I dunno if the scales (EDIT: and radii) are different between that and a MIM or a MIA...
Last edited by Squad Car at Aug 31, 2008,
Quote by Squad Car
How is the upper fret access on the SE? Also, if you don't mind me asking, what kind of amp do you use?

the upper fret access is decent i have a little bit of trouble with hitting the high frets on the 6th string but thats just cuz i have smaller fingers

currently using a peavey transtube. However, I have played the guitar through other, higher quality tube amps and have so far never been disappointed by the tones i get from this guitar