Hey, I'm looking at getting an Ibanez S prestige or SV prestige, and was just wondering if you could take the locking nut out since the S prestige has the ZPS bridge, and still be able to use the tremolo without throwing the whole guitar out of tune.

If not... then I'm just going SV, and I know this model has locking tuners... But do they act like a locking nut? I like to downtune to D and C a lot, so having a guitar that could do that and still let me use and abuse the trem would be awesome, but not neccessary.
use different guitars for different tunings?
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Well, I did think of that, but I don't really have the cash to buy more than one guitar... though I already have an ESP-MH250NT, fixed bridge... but all i wanted to know was my previous question to help me decide which model to buy.
Locking tuners =/= locking nut. Gibson made an explorer like this and it fails miserably at staying in tune. Also, you can't really take off the locking nut and still have the guitar work right. If you just mean pop up the pressure pads, no. It won't work with the trem without going out of tune.
Ok, thanks. Yeah, I did play a couple of those explorers in a shop a while back and I totally agree with you. But I've heard different about the tuning stability of the SV, so that's the way I'm going. Thanks again.
it wont matter if you use the nut or not. It will screw your trem up and you'll still have to set it up all over again every time you change tuning.
2009 Engl Powerball 100watt
1985 Marshall 1960a 4x12 with G12-65s
1989 Ibanez 540S LTD DY
2006 Epiphone G-400
Unless you change the SV over to the non-floating feature right? So couldn't you take it off floating, change the tuning, and then put the trem back on... No... what am I thinking... haha oh well. maybe I should just buy a fixed...
ya you should unless you don't change tunings offten
1989 Ibanez 540S LTD DY
2006 Epiphone G-400
Ok... well that sounds good. I just wanted my better guitar to be the one that I play more often on the maximum amount of songs in one tuning... So I think I am gonna but the S and just not worry about it.
well you will worry about it, you'll F up your guitar if you don't.
1989 Ibanez 540S LTD DY
2006 Epiphone G-400