For my new MIM one, the bridge doesn't have enough tension, apparently, so I'm getting a spring or two from my Squier. I need help taking the springs off and then putting the new ones on.. help? Should I detune the strings?
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
Line 6 Tonecore Uber Metal
i've found if you remove one string at a time then you can avoid removing the strings, but make sure you dont have too much tension on the claw. i'll usually just get a long pair of plyers and pull em out.
I'm not sure but if your bridge needs more tension I think you should not take out any springs. Maybe just add 1 or 2. Again, I'm not sure because I never had this problem.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by LazyLatinoRocke
I'm not sure but if your bridge needs more tension I think you should not take out any springs. Maybe just add 1 or 2. Again, I'm not sure because I never had this problem.

Oh, think I should just tighten the screws under the bridge, adding tension that way?
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
i havent ever needed to change springs (although i have tightened the claw screws right into the guitar to get more tension that way) but i do know that the strings on your guitar are what keep the springs under tension. . .

so id suggest loosening the strings almost all the way (if you dont fancy removing them completely) to get rid of as much tension as you can. after that i dont think you should have to to work too hard at removing/installing them.
Quote by md41
Oh, think I should just tighten the screws under the bridge, adding tension that way?

it worked well enough for me
Quote by md41

id just loosen the strings, get the extra spring and loosen the springs already in it then tighten everything back up
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by clear and blue
it worked well enough for me

I just did that. Thanks a lot. I just detuned the strings a bit then tightened the screws. All three default springs in there, didn't add any. The bridge is good now.
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by md41
I just did that. Thanks a lot. I just detuned the strings a bit then tightened the screws. All three default springs in there, didn't add any. The bridge is good now.

If you need more tension put the springs in V formation