What are some good majors that lead to careers that pay at least decently, arent completely boring, and most of all have the flexibility to pursue a music career at the same time while falling back on said job?
Member #8 of the "I Love Mexican Food" club. PM frozen-dirt to join
Teaching actually. Summers off, perfect tour time.
The Kovenant of Terror, Marshal of the Legion of Metal.

Quote by GID (Shamrock)
Br00tal, Terror Kovenant=metal's king

idk about the music part but look into radiology or being an xray technician. there is a big need for them and you start around 50,000 right out of school.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
lol asks the pit

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Quote by Terror Kovenant
Teaching actually. Summers off, perfect tour time.

"pay decently"

Quote by seljer
"pay decently"

Good benefits plus $30K-$40K starting depending on your area. Its really not bad considering you get summers, week breaks in fall, spring, and christmas. Plus its really easy to take a semester off. A musician would have a bunch of time after school to write/play and would have the summer to do a full tour, plus the option of taking off a semester. Seems decent.
The Kovenant of Terror, Marshal of the Legion of Metal.

Quote by GID (Shamrock)
Br00tal, Terror Kovenant=metal's king

You wanna entrust the pit with a decision which will mold your entire adult life?
just join the queue for housing and tax benefits now taking with you forms A, Ab, C and Da filled out in triplicit.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Quote by Terror Kovenant
Good benefits plus $30K-$40K starting depending on your area. Its really not bad considering you get summers, week breaks in fall, spring, and christmas. Plus its really easy to take a semester off. A musician would have a bunch of time after school to write/play and would have the summer to do a full tour, plus the option of taking off a semester. Seems decent.

True, and sometimes you can get paid even more if the teachers in your subject are scarce. I'm looking to be a teacher, I just need to find out what kind of education I need.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Well, I plan on going for computer programing, which I know is a good business to get into. You can do all the work at home, so you can basically practice or do whatever all you want, and work from the road while on tour! :P
ESP: LTD EC-50
Crate GTD65 Amp
RP80 Modeling Guitar Processor

Jack White:
If you think holdin' hands is all in the fingers
Grab a hold of the soul where the memory lingers.
Quote by seljer
"pay decently"

I read somewhere that if you look at the fact that teachers only work 9-10 months out of the year, proportionally, their pay is pretty good.

Quote by Frontbassman
architecture

No, not by a long shot. They are paid crap out of college. Now, if you can bust your rear and make a name for yourself, then, yes. Plus, architecture is hell. I have a friend who spends inhumane hours in studio. And it a 5-year degree to even begin with.