Heyy guys well i have two questions really and thought id post both here instead of making two threads.

Well apart from the clarity from an extra speaker and the head room soundwise does the Rockerverb 50 have a better tone than the rocker 30? Well in your opinion and btw im talkin about the combo.

Also whats y'all experience on runnin effects straight infrount of your amp because iv heard some people saying its fine and others saying its terrible, im talking about through the rocker 30 combo if you didnt guess.

cheers- zakk.
So it is a diffrent tone then?

Well im looking for abit of versitality but mostly its like a classic rock marshally crunch beacause with my band its goin to be like a mix of classic rock and like experimental stuff so i just need a quallity crunch and a decent clean but although i would like the rockerverb for the reverb and the FX loop its expensive thats why i asked about running effects straight into the amp and also they have a rockerverb at my local music store so i would like to try before i buy but if i could only get the rocker i wanted to know how much it would differ from the rockerverb.
what kind of guitar do you have? If you have a cheap guitar it wont sound very good on the rockers "clean" channel because there is no way to tailor the sound other than the tone knob on your guitar
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
Quote by Johnonon
what kind of guitar do you have? If you have a cheap guitar it wont sound very good on the rockers "clean" channel because there is no way to tailor the sound other than the tone knob on your guitar

He could always get an EQ pedal for it. Besides, a good amp is more important to your tone than a good guitar.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
yeah but if he has an average guitar then why put the extra money towards the eq pedal when he can use it towards an el-34 loaded rockerverb 50?
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
Well its a epiphone LP custom so its nothin top of the line but its a nice guitar (or to my ears anyways)
Quote by Johnonon
yeah but if he has an average guitar then why put the extra money towards the eq pedal when he can use it towards an el-34 loaded rockerverb 50?

Fair enough, although lacking a mids control is kinda lame if you want control over that.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
The clean channel on the Rocker 30 is dependant on a decent set of pickups.
The dirty channel on the Rockerverb 50 has a bit more gain than the rocker.
The Rockerverb is slightly louder.
The Rockerverb has an FX Loop.
The Rockerverb has buuilt in reverb.

Those are the only differences I can come up with right now. All you have to do is ask yourself whether those extra features warrant the extra £400 (approx.) to get the 'verb.
Quote by Johnonon

They use 6V6's, not EL34's

I think the 'verb 100 does, however.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
This is why i ask, does anyone use many effects through the rocker 30?
also if its only more gain i can live with that because chances are is im goin to be using like 1 or 2 OD pedals anyway to give me alot more versitality live without touching my amp.

Thanks for all the help so far
They didn't have effects loops back in the day, people worked around it. OD pedals are meant to be in front of an amp. Go search up the orange amplifier demos done by the company, they give you a good idea of the difference in sound at all gain levels. Also, the guys accent is kickass.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Yeahh lol iv been watching alot of chappers videos, and tbh im not sure which i like hearing more his playing or the amp :P
Quote by bartdevil_metal
^Do you mean the monkey lord Rob Chappers?

Well that too I guess. Im talking about the videos that Orange did themselves. Go search up under channels: OrangeAmplifiers. They have about 10 demos wit this australian sounding guy.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412