im so stuck between the two, i have played a ec-400 but i want to upgrade, i am in the uk so finding esp ltd's is hard work so i am going to order one from the states.. however, is it worth the extra cash to get the ec 1000VB over the ec 500?? i would love to know your thoughts before i depart with my money

cheers, james
GEAR

ESP LTD Viper 400 with EMG 81s
Jackson Dinky DXMG with EMG 81/85
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 DSP
Ashdown Fallen Angel Cab 120W 4X12
Keeley Modded SD-1 Overdrive
Korg DT-10 Tuner
Noise gate (cheap)
EQ (cheap)
i own EC1000 vb and its incredible. get it.
"Would you tell Picasso to sell his guitars?" - Jack Black

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

my dick is generally better than yours, and is more pleasing to look at and hold.
your dick understands and accepts this, and is willing to just move on.
but whats the actually different?? apart from the bridge?
GEAR

Korg DT-10 Tuner
Noise gate (cheap)
EQ (cheap)
The aesthetics are slightly different with the way the binding/inlays look on the 1000 and i believe the 1000 will most likely have slightly better build quality.
Quote by di$TOrTed
The aesthetics are slightly different with the way the binding/inlays look on the 1000 and i believe the 1000 will most likely have slightly better build quality.

2008 Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
The difference in playability and comfort will be slight when comparing to you current Viper 400.
All three of those guitars are great, but the difference in quality and sound will be relatively small.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
so is it worth the extra money for the ec 1000 over the 500?
GEAR

Korg DT-10 Tuner
Noise gate (cheap)
EQ (cheap)
Quote by sexyguitargod
so is it worth the extra money for the ec 1000 over the 500?
Hard to say. They are both great guitars. Build quality will be a smidge better on the 1000, plus it has slightly better bridge and hardware. But the 500 doesn't have bad hardware either though.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
yea the diference other than looks is the 500 has a set thru and 100 has neck thru the feel is the same if you put the two next to each other the 1000 resonats more either you will not be disappointed
Quote by wasted-years
yea the diference other than looks is the 500 has a set thru and 100 has neck thru the feel is the same if you put the two next to each other the 1000 resonats more either you will not be disappointed

... Both EC-500 and EC-1000 are set. The MH-1000, M-1000 and H-1000 have set-thru. Get your facts straight, man.

I think the differences between these two are that hardwares of EC-1000 are made in Japan and have better build quality, better wood, better details etc...
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

I wanna get the white but the 1000has too much inlay I find, and I already have a black guitar
My favorite band is Tool.

Quote by dio_dude
despite the funny name, unknownpunkrock is the coolest 08'er.

Ibanez GRG
Vox AD30VT
Randall RG50TC
Takamine C128
Dano Wah
Yamaha S90
Quote by sexyguitargod
im so stuck between the two, i have played a ec-400 but i want to upgrade, i am in the uk so finding esp ltd's is hard work so i am going to order one from the states.. however, is it worth the extra cash to get the ec 1000VB over the ec 500?? i would love to know your thoughts before i depart with my money

cheers, james

ec 1000,absolutely
I know what you mean, I live in Ireland and I dont know if I will be able to try the guitar b4 I buy it. Especially coz I'm left handed! ESPs are so hard to find!
Viper 400 to EC500 isn't exactly upgrading. Go for the 1000. Better bridge, better tuners, overall sexier looks.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by madbomber233
I know what you mean, I live in Ireland and I dont know if I will be able to try the guitar b4 I buy it. Especially coz I'm left handed! ESPs are so hard to find!

the EC-1000's in VB are even harder to find. I looked all over Canada online and in Montreal at every single music store I could think of and there was one vb left and it had a factory defect. Ended up getting white which was my second choice.
I'm really torn between these guitars in white

Quote by dio_dude

Ibanez GRG
Vox AD30VT
Randall RG50TC
Takamine C128
Dano Wah
Yamaha S90
Quote by unknownpunkrock
I'm really torn between these guitars in white

well is the extremely sexy binding on the 1000 worth about $200 to you? if it is go with that or if you really want the slightly better parts/quality

if not the 500 will be almost the same thing
I like it around the body, but it's a bit too much on the neck. The thing I do like about the 1000 though is that it's a brighter white then the 500

Quote by dio_dude

Ibanez GRG
Vox AD30VT
Randall RG50TC
Takamine C128
Dano Wah
Yamaha S90