Page 1 of 2
Alright, I hail from Weston-super-Mare, a coastal town in Somerset which isn't so great, but Somerset is a cool place. I mean, we have lovely towns like Clevedon and even the UK's smallest city, Wells. And hell! My Dad was brought up in Cheddar (I used to work there actually in a small gift shop on the gorge). Yeah, the town that brought you the famous cheese

Yet, the South West has more charm than people think with the likes of the coasts of Cornwall and the city of Exeter

Not to mention we drink more cider than any other regional area in the UK (UK drink more than anyone else in the world, making us kings) and are well famous for our scrumpy And if you're not a fan of that, our proper ales from Devon and Cornwall always make a great treat

Show the South West of England love
"I am a cidur drink'rrr"

Exeter is the ****! I enrol to Exeter College tomorrow . My auntie lives in WSM.
NOPE.
Quote by charvel_man
"I am a cidur drink'rrr"

Exeter is the ****! I enrol to Exeter College tomorrow . My auntie lives in WSM.

I should be applying to Exeter University Stuck between them and Cardiff...
Go Somerset, I'm from a small village outside Bath, and I surround myself in cider and cheddar. In fact, I'm going to brew my own cider this autumn, in time for the summer; which will be one hell of an adventure.

I do think the West Country is one of the best parts of Britain, even with the cult-like druid aspects of places like Devon and Cornwall, it adds to the charm.

Also, have any of you heard of a thing called the 'Somerset Triangle'? It's an area in Somerset, which Bath is just in, in which, if you drink a pint of the local cider in any of the pubs, you go missing for three weeks.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
I'm a Devonshire boy. And I appear to be heading to Cardiff uni next year (gap year).
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
Quote by Craigo
I should be applying to Exeter University Stuck between them and Cardiff...

Exeter is 13th in the country and Cardiff is 29th. I think you know what this means .
NOPE.
Quote by charvel_man
"I am a cidur drink'rrr"

Oi drinks it all ov the daiy.

Oi am a coiderr drinkerr,

It sooths all me troubles away.

Oo-arr oo-ar oo-ar ay!
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by steee21
Anyone up for some scrumping?

Yes indeed; it'll be a hell of a lot cheaper than buying a barrel-ful of apples at the supermarket. And much more fun, running through local orchards, two guys picking apples, the third following up with a wheel barrow, and a fourth in a tiny car at the entrace of the field, ready for a really unsteady getaway, before the fat, red-faced beardy farmer shoots us.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
Quote by freddaahh
Oi drinks it all ov the daiy.

Oi am a coiderr drinkerr,

It sooths all me troubles away.

Oo-arr oo-ar oo-ar ay!

If you haven't seen them live then do try. They're hilarious
NOPE.
Quote by charvel_man

I want to do it sometime, before they die of a scrumpy induced death. I remember on scout trips, the leaders would play them at full volume in the minibus throughout the whole journey, brilliant fun.

I always remember one line: "She grabbed me gooseberries, so fluffly and so light," I howled when I first heard that.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
Quote by charvel_man

My mate's aunt is their manager or something. They did an act at a wedding and one of them stripped down to a thong
Quote by Craigo
My mate's aunt is their manager or something. They did an act at a wedding and one of them stripped down to a thong

They played at my school and did that. My principal was watching and was stunned. The old ladies were loving it.
NOPE.
This needed a bump.

On a cider note, my neighbour recently bought a deserted playground in my neighbourhood, and they're thinking of turning it into an orchard. SCRUMPING AHOY!
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
Quote by freddaahh
This needed a bump.

On a cider note, my neighbour recently bought a deserted playground in my neighbourhood, and they're thinking of turning it into an orchard. SCRUMPING AHOY!

Awesome

Who's up for cheese rolling too sometime?
I live in Bristol at the moment but I don't properly count because I'm from london

Me and the boyfriend took a week off and went down to cheddar gorge and up the glastonbury tor, I do love the west country....
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
I live in Bristol at the moment but I don't properly count because I'm from london

Me and the boyfriend took a week off and went down to cheddar gorge and up the glastonbury tor, I do love the west country....

I do like London's centre, but London isn't a great city...
I hail from Wiltshire originally, but live near Bristol now.

I don't like cider though.......don't hurt me!!
TRANSFORMICE

I'm leaving the westcountry in less than three weeks...going back to Southampton. I'll miss Cornwall!
Quote by smb
I'm leaving the westcountry in less than three weeks...going back to Southampton. I'll miss Cornwall!

Sucks.

I still might be going to Cardiff next year though, but I don't mind so much as I do like Wales.
Devon!

I live in ivybridge
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by Craigo

Awesome

Who's up for cheese rolling too sometime?

God, I love all these pagan traditions around here. I bet Straw Dogs has occurred a few times in Cornwall or Dorset.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
I lived in Ivybridge for a while as a kid. At the moment I live near Callington.
Quote by smb
I lived in Ivybridge for a while as a kid. At the moment I live near Callington.

Where did you live in Ivybridge?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by ScottB.
Where did you live in Ivybridge?
I don't remember to be honest...it was 14 or 15 years ago!
Oh cool, I bet its way bigger now than it was when you lived there, they keep building more houses but theres still jackshit in the centre.
Quote by guitarhero_764

I like the southwest. Only problem is I heard there's this big green dinosaur walking around the place . . . . . . . . But the scrumpy is real good. My friend brought back a big bottle of the best scrumpy in the god-damn world from cornwall. I love cider. . . . . . .
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
Quote by time_for_food
Southwest
My town has the shortest pier in the UK

Not counting Weston's, of course :P

, where do you live?
Quote by guitarhero_764

Quote by ScottB.
, where do you live?

Burnham on Sea

Top Gear came here once, in that episode with that truck that wouldnt die.
Page 1 of 2