right now i work at mcdonalds, and it pretty much sucks.
-hot
-greasy
-unhealthy food
-horrible smells

so i just applied on walgreens, and was wondering if anyone in the pit works at walgreens (for those outside the US, it's a calm, cool, friendly store with a little bit of everything, including a pharmacy.)
im hoping it'll be better. i would love stocking shelves, being a cashier, or just mopping. i wouldn't have to rush or anything like at McDonalds, and it wouldn't have a lingering smell that infests my entire wardrobe.

so, thoughts?
Quote by clearchaos
-hot
-greasy
-unhealthy food
-horrible smells

so i just applied on walgreens, and was wondering if anyone in the pit works at walgreens (for those outside the US, it's a calm, cool, friendly store with a little bit of everything, including a pharmacy.)
im hoping it'll be better. i would love stocking shelves, being a cashier, or just mopping. i wouldn't have to rush or anything like at McDonalds, and it wouldn't have a lingering smell that infests my entire wardrobe.

so, thoughts?

You seem really easy to please.
CVS > Walgreens
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
4. Open the folder "Media."
5. Click on the file "onestop."
6. Listen.
My uncle holds a fairly good position at the Wallgreens Dist. Plant in Mt. Vernon, IL. He loves his job.

my friends mom works at a wallgreens and she likes it their

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
i think walgreens would be awesome. because the one in my city sells Arnold Palmer's for 99 cents!
1642 ELEPHANTS LIVE HERE

Bass Gear
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass (Active Electronics) (MIM)
Ampeg SVT-7Pro Head
Ampeg SVT-610 Cab
Quote by Steve The Plank
You seem really easy to please.

it's easy enough, man.
getting paid for simple tasks like that would be wonderful.
and plus i wouldn't get all greasy and whatnot.
that's the main part i hate about mcdonalds.
get a real job, i used to work maccys, then I got a job at nationwide (google it if you dont know), it changed my life, now I make about £400 a week!
Quote by clearchaos
-hot
-greasy
-unhealthy food
-horrible smells

What has everyone got against working at McD's I worked there for just over a year & while it may not be the worlds most pleasent job, it's a bludge! & it is ****ing ****loads easier than a labouring job!
But, if you are going to leave just make sure you don't until you are sure you have another job to go to, & tell the manager you are looking for another job & need a reference (you'd be suprised how far a good reference from maccas will get you in a retail position)
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by -SpasticInk-
get a real job, i used to work maccys, then I got a job at nationwide (google it if you dont know), it changed my life, now I make about £400 a week!

im 16, dude, and still in high school.
I'm about to get a job in a music store and I've got to say that's gotta be the way to go.
Quote by ldzppln81
i think walgreens would be awesome. because the one in my city sells Arnold Palmer's for 99 cents!

two of my band members and I drank a gallon of Arnold Palmer yesterday...
Quote by clearchaos

so, thoughts?

That's what I thought when I applied for a job at the grocery store.I ended up working in the Meals To Go section which is exactly how you described your job at macdonalds. And the store is right on a major intersection so it gets pretty damn busy too lol
Im geussing its kind of like a lobe, and my brother works at lobe and says he really likes it and says that being a cashier isnt that hatrd once you egt the hang of it, hes a supervisor now though

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
Nooooo you're quitting McDonalds! But what about your future!

/Quote from somewhere.
I'll believe in anything and you'll believe in anything.
last.fm
Quote by Snuffles
Im geussing its kind of like a lobe, and my brother works at lobe and says he really likes it and says that being a cashier isnt that hatrd once you egt the hang of it, hes a supervisor now though

your brother works in an ear?

Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
I used to work at a drug store (today was my last day, in fact), and let me assure you that it's not as slack as you think.
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
I'd rather listen to my parents having sex than LCD Soundsystem.
Quote by ldzppln81

Arnold Palmer is incredible... I'm drinking one right now and think you should work at Walgreen's for this reason alone.
The setup:
Fender MIM Fat Strat (midnight wine)
Fender Blues DeVille 410
Digitech GNX3 Multi-effect
Fender CD140SCE Acoustic-Electric
Quote by SRX700
I used to work at a drug store (today was my last day, in fact), and let me assure you that it's not as slack as you think.

if i worked at a drug store i'd steal all the sudafed and make meth
its not really a drug store.
it's more like a convenience store, minus the gas pumps, plus a small pharmacy.
Quote by -SpasticInk-

Duuuude, can we swap jobs?? My brother used to work at nationwide and got paid very well too. I was too young at the time to get one there though. Also, what do you actually do there? (think i may try and get one there myself ... maybe)
What's an Arnold Palmer?

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay

Quote by clemm
--clemm

n00b
Quote by DropSee
if i worked at a drug store i'd steal all the sudafed and make meth

How do you do that? (not that im a druggie just curious) also did you register and put up an avatar in the last few seconds!!
Quote by Megadeth2011
What's an Arnold Palmer?

An american golfer ... or a drink of iced tea and lemonade. (i think so anyways)
Quote by seanius
An american golfer ... or a drink of iced tea and lemonade. (i think so anyways)

I knew the golfer part... I bought his autograph at an auction my school had for $10

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay

Quote by clemm
--clemm

n00b
Quote by Megadeth2011
What's an Arnold Palmer?

arnold palmer: 1/2 iced tea, 1/2 lemonade. quite a delicious drink

1642 ELEPHANTS LIVE HERE

Bass Gear
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass (Active Electronics) (MIM)
Ampeg SVT-7Pro Head
Ampeg SVT-610 Cab