Page 1 of 3
Is it me or has there been a new fashion style? I remember this time last year it was Hollister, American Eagle, and Ambercrombie. Now its peace signs and Beatles shirts. I know the whole peace thing has been around for a while, but its just starting to boom over in my area. 1:3 girls I see in my school/around town are wearing something like "Go Green, Save The Wales, etc." Or I see them with a Let It Be or Abby Road album cover shirt.

Funny thing is, before school started one day I saw a group of 4 girls with those pro-earth shirts all using hairspray. And some girl in one of my classes was wearing a Beatles shirt and said she loves Lennon and is a big Beatles fan, her iPod had Let It Be, Hey Jude, and Help! on it.

Are these "trends" everywhere else and I just haven't noticed or is my area the beginning of something that can't come out good?
Last edited by The_Paranoia at Aug 31, 2008,
Quote by Steve The Plank
No, your area is in fact the only place in the world that has trends.

+2. I don't know what the hell TS is talking about.
Quote by Steve The Plank
No, your area is in fact the only place in the world that has trends.

Yeah...i've never seen any of these so called "trends" in my area.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Go see U2, then you can say you contributed money to Bono's giant Irish tower built out of the blood, tears, and the hopes of African children.
we over here on mainland Europe are waaay behind

the whole emo haircut thing only just caught on
New Fashion trend: Misspelling thread titles.

Also, I hate it when people claim to be huge fans of bands or ideals and then know nothing about either. It ruins it for the rest who are actual fans of those certain bands and actually care about whatever ideal or movement that they supposedly support.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Last edited by Karvid at Aug 31, 2008,
I live in the UK, where everything is still all skinny jeans and massive sunglasses. Ah well, at least converse have finally disappeared.

i have all of 0 beatles songs on my ipod, but i guess I wouldn't tell anyone I'm a beatles fan. in fact I'll tell anyone who'll listen to try the who, the rolling stones and the kinks instead.
"I hope I die before I get old"-Words of Pete Townsend, 1945-

"I hope I die before I turn into Pete Townsend"-Words of Kurt Cobain, 1967-1994

Funny old world eh.
Quote by Retro Rocker
Are the 'Save the Whales' shirts worn by fat chicks by any chance?

hahahaha

Quote by wouldyakindly
I live in the UK, where everything is still all skinny jeans and massive sunglasses. Ah well, at least converse have finally disappeared.

I wear skinny jeans and aviators. It kicks ass.
Go back to 5th grade.
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
More or less, this is the popular trend here:

So, I can't relate.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
I havent noticed this but if it so it is a change for the better

EDIT: ^^not that lol
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
Quote by sk8ordie97
being a tool?
Exactly.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by Trefellin
^^^ Why is that one wigger making a dove with his hands?

Well, doves can be pretty epic
Quote by Chrisiphone
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Its lame.
Morning Doves vs. Midday Doves.

and GO!
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
Quote by The_Paranoia
Changing the topic:

New topic is Doves.

I've always wanted to see two doves fight. It would be epic because they always stand for peace.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Go see U2, then you can say you contributed money to Bono's giant Irish tower built out of the blood, tears, and the hopes of African children.
Quote by seljer
we over here on mainland Europe are waaay behind

the whole emo haircut thing only just caught on

Hell, here in Britain, men have only just stopped wearning top hats.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
as far as I can tell Bertie Basset is today's young fashion guru
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by \m/_Chair_\m/
I've always wanted to see two doves fight. It would be epic because they always stand for peace.

Just imagine what'll happen in about five seconds in the picture I posted.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Its lame.
Quote by sk8ordie97
being a tool?

It's better than people wanting to be smelly hippies. I mean, it's one thing to be a drity hippie, but it's another to pretend to be a dirty hippie. like a wanna-be-hippie
I'm not back to school yet, but there is always a nice diversity, not many fashion trends.

I've worn Beatles/Lennon shirts for years now. Do I win?
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Doves are underrated IMO.

In New Zealand it's all about stupidly bright clothes and big t-shirts that say stuff like "VIDEO KILLED THE RADIO STAR" across them in big pink lettering.
You are like a hurricane
There's calm in your eye.
And I'm gettin' blown away
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.
We're firmly grounded in 2008 over here.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by freddaahh
Hell, here in Britain, men have only just stopped wearning top hats.

They have? Goshdarnit! I told you Maria, I bloody well said so.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
I think the metalhead fashion trend has survived the longest. The basic look I think is somewhat tight jeans with a black band shirt and long hair. Been like that for a while.
Quote by metaldud536
I think the metalhead fashion trend has survived the longest. The basic look I think is somewhat tight jeans with a black band shirt and long hair. Been like that for a while.

What? Real metals don't wear scene faggot jeans, n00b!

Disclaimer- I love tight jeans.
Quote by metaldud536
Hmm, that's a metal look? Guess I've been supporting that look for a while....
Quote by Teh Forest King
Quote by Tom_hatton

I said somewhat tight. As in not excessively baggy.
Quote by Just Andrew
Hmm, that's a metal look? Guess I've been supporting that look for a while....

The keyword was "I think"
Quote by Tom_hatton

I was gonna post an old picture of Metallica where they're all wearing really tight skinny jeans, but I could only find one, and it didn't work when I clicked it
Quote by AceOfBlades
I was gonna post an old picture of Metallica where they're all wearing really tight skinny jeans, but I could only find one, and it didn't work when I clicked it

needs moar bell bottoms like Cliff Burton
Quote by AceOfBlades

I've seen it. A lot of people think tight jeans aren't 'metal' or whatever... I don't care, I wear them cos they're awesome.
Quote by AceOfBlades

???
Quote by Jeremy Clark

???

Crap, what's seen can't be unseen. Thanks a lot
Quote by Chrisiphone
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Its lame.
Quote by The_Paranoia
Is it me or has there been a new fashion style? I remember this time last year it was Hollister, American Eagle, and Ambercrombie. Now its peace signs and Beatles shirts. I know the whole peace thing has been around for a while, but its just starting to boom over in my area. 1:3 girls I see in my school/around town are wearing something like "Go Green, Save The Wales, etc." Or I see them with a Let It Be or Abby Road album cover shirt.

Funny thing is, before school started one day I saw a group of 4 girls with those pro-earth shirts all using hairspray. And some girl in one of my classes was wearing a Beatles shirt and said she loves Lennon and is a big Beatles fan, her iPod had Let It Be, Hey Jude, and Help! on it.

Are these "trends" everywhere else and I just haven't noticed or is my area the beginning of something that can't come out good?

Ew, no, leave the Welsh alone, they're dirty and play with sheep.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by metaldud536

The keyword was "I think"
Yeah, I would think that a metal band would have to be on the band t-shirt, in my opinion...
Quote by Teh Forest King
Page 1 of 3