so my guitarist is always like hey i bet you cant do this on bass and then either sweep picks of does something on the b or e string
whats something a bass can do that guitar cant the only thing i can think of is slapping and popping although he can kinda do that it just sounds like ****
think.

I've never met a guitarist that could.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Why don't you just quit the foreplay and have sex.

Seriously, I can't be bothered with comparing musical penises. It's not productive.
You can sweep on a bass.
Play a bad ass bass line that's just ****ing funky as all hell and then hit him in the face.

Tell him to play a riff that's just bad ass, then you play a bad ass riff as well and then ask him if he could FEEL the music.
Slapping, popping, double thumping and pretty much every guitar technique is possible on bass such as sweeping, tapping, shredding.
Referring to Victor Wooten
Quote by Nutter_101
"Wa wa wa English is my first language, music is my second blah blah blah wank wank wank I rule, love me suck my dick."

That's all I heard in that entire interview.

My Band:
http://www.myspace.com/closedfortonight
Tune your low B string down about 4 steps, plug it in to his guitar amp and hit the note as loud as possible. That can't be good for his amp right?
I'm a guitarist and it would scare the **** out of me if our bassist did that.
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Studio Ebony/Gold
Jackson RR5 Ivory w/Black Pinstripes
Epiphone Les Paul 100 *For Sale*
Yamaha FX370C
Marshall AVT150HX + AVT4x12
get a five string and play something on the b, or a six string and do a bass solo using all six, B through C
My Music:
Solo project: myspace.com/dermy3blkaht
Full band (iRockit): myspace.com/nj136
Quote by smb

Seriously, I can't be bothered with comparing musical penises. It's not productive.

Wow Smb has shot down like 4 threads in one day.
You are my inspiration haha.
My Bass Rig (Since Everyone does this)
Fender Jazz 5 String
4x10 Hartke Transporter Series
Behringer BX4500H Ultrabass Bass Head (Changing to a Hartke 5500)

My Band: http://www.myspace.com/morningnj
Quote by smb

/thread
tell him to play as fast as you with your fingers......... or you could be like me and say F*** you and pick up the guitar and bust out a bad ass guitar lick that makes him angry cause you dont even play guitar. at least thats why i do. and its funny as hell
blemonese of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing
I've never come across Ryan Martinie-style octave tapping of chords on guitar. (look up Happy?)