hey guys
ive got a dean ml 79 w/out floyd and i want to get some new pickups (not actives though cba with the power thing) so what ones sound good in an ml? i play metal/rock mainly thrash

thx
Im sure the seymour duncan range would be on the right lines
Quote by XGhacker
1) OMG THE LEAD SINGER OF IRON MAIDEN RAPES HIS SON!!!
Bruce Dick-in-son
Last edited by Horny-Egg at Aug 31, 2008,
Depends on what your looking for. I've got the covered pickups from a USA Exotic in mine. Just a touch hotter.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by SG RocKeR4485
get a Dimebucker

+1
Quote by XGhacker
1) OMG THE LEAD SINGER OF IRON MAIDEN RAPES HIS SON!!!
Bruce Dick-in-son
everyone is suggesting seymour duncans lol
i was thinking about the sh6 also ive heard the dimebucker is kinda trebly?? which has a better sounding low end?
bridge = Dimarzio Norton, Super Distortion, Drop Sonic
neck = Dimarzio PAF Pro, Breed
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Don't put a Dimebucker in it, it's not that great of a pickup...

I've got a Vintage ML with some Lace Engineering pickups in it. Try looking at their Alumitones, Drop Sonics, or Rodder pickups. If you're wanting something more Dime-like, it never hurts to look at the actual Bill Lawrence pickups (500 Series). Be warned though, there are 2 Bill Lawrence companies making the same pickups. BillLawrenceUSA pickups are frauds and not the actual one.

P.S. - You gotta be careful asking questions about Dean on UG. Everyone except me seems to absolutely hate them with a passion... I guess it's their loss lol
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Last edited by Flux'D at Sep 1, 2008,
If you want the classic Dean sound like the originals, throw in Dimarzio Super Distortion pickups. That should bring you close.

Stay away from the Dimebucker. It's a horrible pickup. It's overly noisy and can get quite muddy if not EQ'd right.
Super Distortion/PAF Pro
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by Flux'D
Don't put a Dimebucker in it, it's not that great of a pickup...

I've got a Vintage ML with some Lace Engineering pickups in it. Try looking at their Alumitones, Drop Sonics, or Rodder pickups. If you're wanting something more Dime-like, it never hurts to look at the actual Bill Lawrence pickups (500 Series). Be warned though, there are 2 Bill Lawrence companies making the same pickups. BillLawrenceUSA pickups are frauds and not the actual one.

P.S. - You gotta be careful asking questions about Dean on UG. Everyone except me seems to absolutely hate them with a passion... I guess it's their loss lol

thx man ill check em out and yeh lol ive seen on other forums people saying saying bc rich are better lol
oh sorry i only just noticed my amp is very embarassing its a crappy 10 watt practise amp with 2 band eq so until i get a job im using a metal master and i am going to get an mxr eq pedal
well i like the classics, tallica slayer megadeth sepultura etc mainly thrash. I prefer a thick tone over a harsh thin one so i want an amp ( preferably combo) with nice clear lows and also what do you think of these eq pedals http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/m-108-10-band-graphic-eq/12386
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/kfk1-kerry-king-signatur/66645

i know they're the same but the kk one supports two amps it says, though that might be overkill
Psh, I'd just go for the normal one. 40 quid is too big a difference for me to care what it does.

If you're looking to pinch pennies but still get quality, check out a Danelectro Fish N Chips.

At lower budgets for metal, around 300-400 quid, you could get a Line 6 Flextone or Randall RG50TC.

Something like an ENGL Screamer combo or Laney GH50L runs for around 600-700 quid, I think? Some UGers across the pond will know, if you make a thread about it in GGA.
hey im back again ive decided on an amp to get when i get a job lol
but i need some advice on some pickups ive seen, all at bridge.
duncan sh6, duncan sh8 invader, duncan sh5 custom,
ill be tuning to d standard and want the one with tight low end and nice ,not harsh highs. after looking on the site the invader seems to have the best low end but it doesnt say for down/drop tuning like on the other two so will this muddy my tone up?

sorry to be a pain
sorry if you misunderstood i didnt explain my situation, im going to get the randall you recommended as i saw a demo of it and i was impressed.
but i have a savings account which has built over 8 yrs and it has just enough, 100+ for a new pickup, when i start my new job i can get the amp with my first paycheck so thats all decided i just need to decide on a pickup now
yeah your right.so get new amp then see if anything needs changing. cant wait till i start job n get paid, no more wrestling with my crappy gear