So, i have a quick question. Can i use water from my dehumidifier for my guitar humidifier? It's probably 15 years old, so will that be a problem? Can i boil the water if that is a problem?
just use bottled water...
"Spin the middle side topwise. Topwise!"

"And there's Jimmy Page, the biggest thief of American Blues music"
shouldn't the water have evaporated after 15 years?

are you that poor you need to use old water?
Quote by MeRcI-BuCkEtS
Evolve?

Evolve Festival 2007: Aug. 2nd, 3rd & 4th!!!
Evolve Festival 2008: July 25th, 26th & 27th!!!
Evolve Festival 2009: July 17th, 18th & 19th!!!
Sunflower Valley
Antigonish, Nova Scotia
www.evolvefestival.com
it just seems really odd to me that you are taking humidity out of the air in one part of your house and then trying to stick it back in at your guitar. If your house has humidity issues enough to need a dehumidifier you probably dont need to add humidity into your guitar...

just saying...
Guitars:
Legend Guitar Company OM-307QM,
Gitane John Jorgenson Gypsy Jazz Guitar,
Ibanez AG-85,
Gibson Johnny A Signature Custom

Gear:
E-MU 1820M, Guitar Box Pro, Aphex 204, 1404, Boss OC-2, QSR, Roland Cube 60, Guitar Rig 2, Crybaby 535Q
its in the basement. you think its good to have mold in your basement that could possibly damage your health/well being as opposed to paying 25 dollars to have a nice guitar?
Quote by wittyscreenname
So, i have a quick question. Can i use water from my dehumidifier for my guitar humidifier? It's probably 15 years old, so will that be a problem? Can i boil the water if that is a problem?

uhhh... just don't do it. if you boil the water, you're just evaporating the water again. not to mention that boiling water only gets rid of bacteria, not minerals(which is the reason you shouldn't use tap water to begin with). it's just more pointless processes that lead to nowhere. buy some distilled water. its not that difficult...
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
And maybe before you do anything about adding moisture to your guitar, get a humidistat. It's a gauge for measuring humidity levels in the air. Wal-Mart has cheapo ones for like $5. Planet Waves has one specifically for guitar cases that measures temperature and humidity and records the highest and lowest readings observed and the date of those occurrences. It's a bit more at $40. Either way, you need to know what the humidity levels are in the vicinity of your guitar and then modify from there. Your goal is 45%.
how can you get rid of humidity? and this humidifier has that humidity sensing stuff. so it releases as needed.
^Cool. So just use distilled water and all will be right with the world.