How would you Harmonize a minor pentatonic scale?

when you do the key of C its chords are CMaj-Dm-Em-Fmaj-Gmaj-Am-Bdim

how does it work for minor/maj pentatonic and blues scales?
for a minor pentatonic, the first would be minor, second would be major, third would have to be a suspension right? like sus2

i might be wrong, anyone?
BE HAPPY

Quote by ajmasterjaydude
so this kid at my school microwaved brussel sprouts for lunch, and when he was about to eat them one of them exploded on his face and burned him. i like turtles

in a thread about malmsteen^
for a Bm pentatonic you could use the chords Bm-D-Em-F#m-A right?

so it would be m-maj-m-m-maj?
People don't normally harmonize pentatonics like that. In a blues context, the chords in C would probably just be C, Eb, F, G, and Bb.
Quote by newguitars08
for a Bm pentatonic you could use the chords Bm-D-Em-F#m-A right?

so it would be m-maj-m-m-maj?

As the poster above you said, people don't really attempt to harmonise pentatonic scales, as far as I know. If you did F#m wouldn't fit, because the fifth of that chord (C#) isn't part of the B minor pentatonic scale.

It'll still fine to use the F#m chord, because remember that a B minor pentatonic is simply MISSING notes from the B Minor scale. If you use notes from the B minor scale to form chords, and simply solo B minor pentatonic over them, nothing about it will sound jarring or out of place.
Thank you everyone! what is a concrete method to use if I wanted to
write out all the (c-c) minor and major pentatonic scales
and all the common chords that go with them? (each key that the scale is in)
C-Eb

Eb - G

F Ab

G - Bb

Bb - D

Im assuming you would harmonize your 4th as a Minor 3rd interval, but seeing as a 6th (b6th) isnt included in a Min Pent, it could be an option to make it a Dorian Type Thing, or a Minor Thing.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
You don't do it for minor/maj pentatonic and blues scales, only diatonic scales like C major or D minor.
+1

Pentatonics are more for writing melodies than writing progressions. If you want to use chords underneath them, just use the chords that fit well with the full major/minor scale of that pentatonic.
Check out the harmony chart in GPP software. Its in Phase 3 theory sessions. Tells you the musical rules to mix chords and notes to harmonize properly. Simple too! Its free at www.yourgpp.com