This will be my first electric guitar but i have an Ovation elite Acoustic-electric.
I'm looking to play
Metal ( all kinds)
Hard rock
Grunge
and maybe a bit of punk.

So far i've only found one guitar that i like

Fender american standard tele Black rosewood fretboard, I'm going to switch the pickups with seymour duncan invaders.
what amp are you going to get?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
what the hell will he do with an amp if he spends all 1300 on it?
edit: nevermind...

just go to a guitar center and try some out, and have features in mind that you absolutely want... they are really helpful
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
not saying the vk is a "bad" amp, but it's a mismatch for a 1,300 guitar.

i'd get something with a little more teeth, especially if i mostly played metal.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
The VK isn't a bad amp by any means... but if you've got 1300 dollars for a guitar.... put some of that in with the amp, and get a guitar for around 600.... you'll be a LOT happier.
O O

___
That's a bit different, but besides what others say I'd rather play on a more expensive instrument then amp.. but there is a point. $500 or $600 on the amp maybe and $700 or $800 on the guitar. Depends on you. For me guitars are a bit more personal. Amps may come and go.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
that peavey is not very good, u cud do better in that pricerange definitely. i tryed both a fender hot rod series blues junior and a peavey vk 212 at a store the other day, and the fender completely blue away the peavey(i was using a digitech metal master on both), and everyone in store who was listening knew. the guy acually told me that the amp was way better than the peavey(and the fender was way lesss expensive), so i put the amp on leighaway and im getting it in two weekss. so dont get the peavey, get a fender and a good distortion pedal.
and any of the already given suggestions for guitars will do
Quote by stratdud39
that peavey is not very good, u cud do better in that pricerange definitely. i tryed both a fender hot rod series blues junior and a peavey vk 212 at a store the other day, and the fender completely blue away the peavey(i was using a digitech metal master on both), and everyone in store who was listening knew. the guy acually told me that the amp was way better than the peavey(and the fender was way lesss expensive), so i put the amp on leighaway and im getting it in two weekss. so dont get the peavey, get a fender and a good distortion pedal.
and any of the already given suggestions for guitars will do

Not this, dear God not this.

Any tube amp, you do NOT want a distortion pedal into it.

The VK is a really good amp, but put a D-Pedal in front of it, its gonna sound just as "meh" as any other amp with that pedal.

The Fender wont do you very good with that music.. and dont be afraid to get the VK. If not that, the Randall RG50TC ive heard good things about.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
if u have 1300 TOTAL, i would honestly look into the same rig i have, b-52 at112 and some mid-range jackson, schecter or ibanez. just go play some and pick the 1 u like best
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Go for like, and ESP/LTD __-1000
their about $1000 (Canadian) and spend
the rest on the little mods (strap locks,
Case, Batteries, ect)
BulletzAreScene