I was considering purchasing the Ibanez WD7 Weeping Demon Wah Pedal for 99.99 + shipping/handling and tax. Reading some specs about it, it can be set for mass distortion, your lovey dovey crisp clean sound that I don't like, or you can have it weeping like a wah pedal. I thought it was a good wah pedal, and the fact that it sounds like it can do some mass metal sound to it. What's your opinion?

I've never heard the sound of this wah pedal, and I've never experienced it at my guitar store in town, so I'm relying on your feedback.
Last edited by EvoXM at Aug 31, 2008,
I would only recommend it as a cheap wah for someone who doesn't plan on recording, giging or anything remotely serious.....Mine works but I don't care for it too much.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Well at the moment I'm a solo man, no gigs or anything, yet. But I did get a chance to hear it through some mp3 files, it sounded pretty decent with the distorted version. I love that heavy sound such as Bullet For My Valentine.
Lots of musicians use the Weeping Demon 7. It's better than a lot of pedals, and when you start paying that much for a wah. It just comes down to personal choice.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Quote by grimguitarist91
i have it, dont buy it. its not worth it.

This, i bought one and i dont know what was up with it it sounded like crap, there was this thud noise whenever you switched it on and off and the wah sucked.

535Q FTW
Umm, I got the impression from your text that you think it can do distorted tones alone? It's just a wah (they probably ment that it works well with distortion).
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.