my G string keeps going out of tune alot, but the others stay in tune, any idea what going on?
g strings always go out of tune first. no idea why. and i not only flameshield myself but this entire thread. no g string jokes.
Quote by DropSee
what would i do to stop this?

Try restringing it possibly? I've never had that problem, but I know that can cause it.

Maybe if you wound the string more tightly around the peg, or did it a different way it would help.

Don't do anything before anyone else posts because I don't want to be held liable for you messing up and having to go through more stuff.
Quote by athlete1
g strings always go out of tune first. no idea why. and i not only flameshield myself but this entire thread. no g string jokes.

good call, and mine does that to dude. your not alone
my hovercraft is full of eels
i had that problem and i thought my guitar sucked then a few years later it's like that on all of my guitars, and ive seen the problem on other people's guitars so im not the only one with it
Quote by athlete1

Fuck.

*stalks away unnoticed*
Last edited by Brain245 at Aug 31, 2008,
Quote by athlete1

hahaha, i thought of making a joke after reading that about 10 times.

by the way, your string still has alot of slack in it, is it new? did you bend it out? to loosen it up first?
Quote by killa9512

by the way, your string still has alot of slack in it, is it new? did you bend it out? to loosen it up first?

I was going to make a joke, but I think that pretty much covered all the bases
It goes out of tune because you touch yourself at night.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
that string is the easiest to bend. its just so bendable. i luv it. its the only string i've ever broke while playing
if you have a tremelo that might affect the tuning
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV