I just got an Ibanez AEG20E for my birthday and I love it but i have a Line 6 Spider III 75 watt Amp and my dad has the model lower than mine and I plugged into his and it worked fine and was really good.

I plug into mine and nothing comes out at all, The cable works for my Electric just fine and I have not noticed any shortages or anything wrong with it. but I have no idea where to start to get it working.
well that may be because acoustic guitars are not built to be played through electric amplipiers. reason why? well it has to do with the frequency levels (acoustics are lower, similar to those of the bass) and the difference in the piezo v.s. the magnetic electrical paths. Essential dont do it, ever again. Buy an acoustic amp, di to your computer or pa, or if in a pinch you could use a bass amp.
i enjoy head
Your guitar probably realizes how terrible that amp is and refuses to make any sound,

but seriously, I don't know, volume ?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
do you leave it plugged in? if its plugged in the preamp in the guitar is on all the time and the battery will die quickly causing no output. try replacing the battery and start unplugging it when its not used if you were. PS if you have to get it through the soundhole you might be able to get it by making a few of the strings very loose and reaching in through the extra space saving a string change or recycling strings.
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
do you leave it plugged in? if its plugged in the preamp in the guitar is on all the time and the battery will die quickly causing no output. try replacing the battery and start unplugging it when its not used if you were. PS if you have to get it through the soundhole you might be able to get it by making a few of the strings very loose and reaching in through the extra space saving a string change or recycling strings.

No I just got the guitar today and I don't have it plugged in now.

also, Awaken, I know the Amp isn't great in any means but I play for fun, I don't need anything special.

but what makes me irritated is that it DOES work on the same type of Amp, but the lower model.
Quote by Jazzcore23
well that may be because acoustic guitars are not built to be played through electric amplipiers. reason why? well it has to do with the frequency levels (acoustics are lower, similar to those of the bass) and the difference in the piezo v.s. the magnetic electrical paths. Essential dont do it, ever again. Buy an acoustic amp, di to your computer or pa, or if in a pinch you could use a bass amp.

i have never heard somebody so full of crap in my life. are you making this up on the fly? acoustics and electrics are tuned to the same notes in the same octave. an acoustic has lower overtones being hollow and larger than an electric but its the same notes dude. and another thing a guitar amp can prodouce sound from almsot any signal thats for the human hearing range. you can plug in a mic for voice, drums, keyboard, harmonica, oboe, bassoon, whatever and you will get a sound out of the amp resembling the input as long as the gain/distortion is down. stop giving out BS information to kill time because you might end up wasting a lot of somebody else's.
Quote by darkjak22
No I just got the guitar today and I don't have it plugged in now.

also, Awaken, I know the Amp isn't great in any means but I play for fun, I don't need anything special.

but what makes me irritated is that it DOES work on the same type of Amp, but the lower model.

after it didnt work did you try it again on the amp that did work?
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
after it didnt work did you try it again on the amp that did work?

No because my dad lives an hour away and I just got home, but I did plug it into his amp multiple times throughout the day when I was there.
id still try replacing the battery. even if thats not it its still the easiest first step to tracking down the problem. if that doesnt work id suggest taking it back instead of trying to fix it yourself because its probably something with the wiring or preamp circutry. thats assuming you made sure the cord was good and remember when checking that that the cord is probably held at a different angle out of the body than when in the electric so it might cause the hanging cord to pull on itself in a way that makes it cut out. just a small possibility but easy enough to check out with the wiggle test.
Alright I'll try batteries and I wiggled it a little but I'll try more.

I also have another unused cable laying around here somewhere...thanks for the help.
battery problem. my brother has an acoustic ibanez and every time there's no ouput from the amp, he replaces the battery.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
replaced the batteries, still didn't work.

trying another cable...YES that worked..alright cable problem.

thanks for the speedy responses.
Quote by Jazzcore23

this guy is an idiot. right his name down so you know not to ever listen to him.
chances are your batteries are dead. go try it in your dads amp again to see if it still works. check if other guitars work in your amp.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
OK good, it's fixed. But keep an extra battery around, it's frickin annoying as heck when that dies.