So... I'm in the market for a new guitar, and recently I've been looking at the ec-1000's. The sam ash near my house has pretty good deal for them, and they seem right for me. The only one i tried had the emg's, and with the ridiculous distortion I had going through my friend's peavey half stack, it worked great.

The problem is, I use cleans a lot too, and I'm not sure about it's clean tones... Does anyone know if they're any good? I've heard the one's with seymour duncans have slightly better cleans? is this true?
Quote by mountain2012
I want a Fender because they are THE American rock sound. I'm proud to be an American.

Gear:
1981 Gibson Les Paul Firebrand

Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss SD-1
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-7
EHX LPB-1
The EMGs actually aren't that bad for cleans, once you get it clean. The higher output means you have to roll the volume off a bit to clean it up, but it's not bad.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
You could always switch out the neck pickup for your cleans.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
You can switch the pick up to an EMG 60, which is good for cleans. You can roll off the volume. You can get an amp with a lot of headroom. You can do the 18v mod to add more headroom. There's a lot you can do to make the Cleans of an EMG pickup sound good.
Signatures are overrated.
I have one, the 81/60 set is 'good enough' for cleans imo, just roll off the volume a little bit like the other guy said. Chorus also goes a long way to make it sound more lush and sparkly.
Quote by Steven Wright
If God dropped acid, would he see people?
Quote by Moe.
You can switch the pick up to an EMG 60, which is good for cleans. You can roll off the volume. You can get an amp with a lot of headroom. You can do the 18v mod to add more headroom. There's a lot you can do to make the Cleans of an EMG pickup sound good.

it's already a 60
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
change the 81 for an 81tw and you'll have a sweet clean sound on the bridge. The 60 sounds great for cleans. You need an amp with a good clean channel, and high enough headroom to make em great. The 18volt mod can also make them better.