Which is th best guitar for stuff like Satriani and Liquid Tension Experiment, like instrumental shred stuff like that. Preferably humbuckers and a whammy bar, but not necesarily a floyd rose. Help me out
Avenged Sevenfold. November 10, 2007
BB King. December 1, 2007
Metallica. November 9, 2008
Avenged Sevenfold. November 23, 2008
A good shred guitar is any guitar you're comfortable with. Shred comes from you not the guitar.

Ibanez wizard necks tend to be considered standard because of their thiness, but Satriani recorded the majority of Surfing with the Alien on a Kramer Pacer which has the neck the size of an LP.
Quote by T!AN
A good shred guitar is any guitar you're comfortable with. Shred comes from you not the guitar.

Ibanez wizard necks tend to be considered standard because of their thiness, but Satriani recorded the majority of Surfing with the Alien on a Kramer Pacer which has the neck the size of an LP.

Yeah, i understand that. But I'mm looking for someone to help me out with a good neck for shred cosidering I have small hands, and solid pick ups that will pick up good distortion. I love my strat and it plays fast, but the noiseless pickups arent good for pinch harmonics and quality distortion
Budget is 600ish USD, Columbus, Ohio, and Crate palomino V32. The amp is sick for this kinda stuff, it can handle anything
I'm a firm believer in Ibanez and Kramer. Kramer Baretta to specify. Just about any $400+ Ibanez is good for shred.

A nice hint: Stay away from Edge III's.

Heres a sweet guitar - Ibanez S470DXQM Electric Guitar

The link is to a Guitar Center Web page.

EDIT:
Quote by madnaz

*GASP* You copied me!
Yeah, I have a Rg350DX, but it wont stay in tune due to the edge 3 and the ation is way too high for my liking. My strat is like butter, but the p ups are too weak
well if you really are happy with your strat, maybe consider a pickup swap?
I know everyones raving about the wizard necks dude but you cant beat jacksons. I have 2 jacksons (sl2h,ps-4) and since Ive acquired them I will probably never buy another brand. I bought a $150 dollar bottom of the line jackson ps-4 on ebay, threw the mustaine livewire pickup set in it ($180) and it will crush most ibanez's I've heard tone wise, bar none, pickups count for a lot though...They've got that badass Randy rhoads V shape too which is extremely comfortable if thats your style. DEAN also has some exceptional gear thats not outrageously priced. The mustaines are kinda noisy though, if I had it to do over again I'd probly go EMG 81/85 and be a lot more happy....well, hinesight is 20/20 right? Check out the links on this bottom of the line jackson and compare and decide for yourself...if you like check out the higher models..

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar/product/Jackson/PS4/10/1

artists who use jackson.. http://www.jacksonguitars.com/artists/

As you can tell I swear by jackson and theyve never done me wrong...Could Randy be wrong?? lol If so I dont wanna be right ...Too bad his life was cut short and so was his footage with his prototype jackson....

Check youtube footage for randys white jackson
Quote by bobbyj84
Yeah, I have a Rg350DX, but it wont stay in tune due to the edge 3 and the ation is way too high for my liking. My strat is like butter, but the p ups are too weak

Then lower the action????...

Id say get a used ibanez RG5xx or 7xx on ebay.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
The Ibanez RG Prestige range, and I'm not just saying that because I happen to be selling one (you're in the US after all).

The 2550 and 1570 are especially good value for money, being among the cheapest guitars on the market with Wizard necks, rosewood fretboards, and vitally important Edge Pro bridges. The biggest fear anyone buying a shred guitar has is the fear that it'll be going out of tune constantly. It's vital that you buy something with a genuine Floyd Rose or an equivalent. The Edge Pro is Ibanez's equivalent, and both Vai and Satch use the Edge Pro in their own guitars these days, IIRC.
DO NOT get an S470. I've owned one for about a year and a half now and I'm extremely unhappy with it. I'd suggest a BC Rich Assassin if you want a tremolo.
Dickless.