excuse me i didn't know where to put this but here is the question can somebody help me to find the name of song classical songs? i'm searching for the songs that where played in the lloney toons all those classical background songs that they used to put in the cartoons
If you have links to the cartoons on Youtube or something similar I might be able to identify the music.
I came in this topic expecting something more interesting and exciting than a question about Loony Toons.

Sigh. Maybe next time...
Quote by Empathica1928
I came in this topic expecting something more interesting and exciting than a question about Loony Toons.

Sigh. Maybe next time...

+1
Epiphone les paul studio
Traynor YCS50
vox wah V847
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
squire strat- currently in process of getting custom finish!

gassing for warmoth build
Quote by ghavelus
excuse me i didn't know where to put this but here is the question can somebody help me to find the name of song classical songs? i'm searching for the songs that where played in the lloney toons all those classical background songs that they used to put in the cartoons
Firstly, thats not a classical song. If anything, its a jazz swing/big band song.

Secondly, the majority of those songs are written specifically for each looney toons cartoon. They hired their own team of composers and arrangers and musical directors.

Thirdly, most people would refer to each song as "the theme from X episode," or something similar. I doubt if each peice had its own specific name. The opening theme can be called "the looney toons theme song," although it was actually written by two unrelated guys in 1937 (dave franklin and cliff friend). The theme was originally called 'The Merry-Go-Round Broke Down.'

Fourthly, google is your friend.

Fifthly, please ask something about romantic classical music for us nerds to argue about? We'll invite you in the nerd club...
Quote by demonofthenight
Firstly, thats not a classical song. If anything, its a jazz swing/big band song.

Secondly, the majority of those songs are written specifically for each looney toons cartoon. They hired their own team of composers and arrangers and musical directors.

Thirdly, most people would refer to each song as "the theme from X episode," or something similar. I doubt if each peice had its own specific name. The opening theme can be called "the looney toons theme song," although it was actually written by two unrelated guys in 1937 (dave franklin and cliff friend). The theme was originally called 'The Merry-Go-Round Broke Down.'

Fifthly, please ask something about romantic classical music for us nerds to argue about? We'll invite you in the nerd club...

Hell yeah, let us discuss romantic music. I love how it spreads the message of love and friendship and how the piano always plays mellow and sorrowful and powerful intense stuff

/failed nerd

More serously, if it ever had some classical music it would be Nationalism or Expressionis maybe.
But I doubt the loonie toons include classical music, even though I haven't seen them in a while...
I have an 87 CD Beethoven collection sitting next to me, and I'm working on getting the Mozart one soon enough

The Beethoven one was like $180 though
I remember two Looney Tunes which used classical music:

Bugs Bunny as a barber shaving Elmer Fudd's head, set to the music of "The Barber of Seville" by Rossini, and Bugs Bunny as a Germanic woman escaping the grasp of Elmer Fudd set to Wagner's "Flight of the Valkyries."

Looney Tunes were really pretty amusing and intelligent at times. I recall an episode allegorical to American freedom.

Looney tunes FTW.
Quote by 5/4
I remember two Looney Tunes which used classical music:

Bugs Bunny as a barber shaving Elmer Fudd's head, set to the music of "The Barber of Seville" by Rossini, and Bugs Bunny as a Germanic woman escaping the grasp of Elmer Fudd set to Wagner's "Flight of the Valkyries."

Looney Tunes were really pretty amusing and intelligent at times. I recall an episode allegorical to American freedom.

Looney tunes FTW.

Wait, Bugs bunny is from looney toons?

I thought the only Looney Toons were the little blue and pink rabbits that jumped around?
Quote by gonzaw
Hell yeah, let us discuss romantic music. I love how it spreads the message of love and friendship and how the piano always plays mellow and sorrowful and powerful intense stuff

/failed nerd

More serously, if it ever had some classical music it would be Nationalism or Expressionis maybe.
But I doubt the loonie toons include classical music, even though I haven't seen them in a while...
Expressionist classical just confuses me. Especially schoenbergs stuff. The voices probably sound great individually, but it sounds so... confused when its pit together.

The only romantic music that I own is early romantic. Late beethoven, and wagner and rachmaninoff (love that guy, even if he is actually late romantic). Pretty nice stuff. I really love it when a romantic composer starts to get influenced by folk and nationalism.
Quote by demonofthenight
Expressionist classical just confuses me. Especially schoenbergs stuff. The voices probably sound great individually, but it sounds so... confused when its pit together.

The only romantic music that I own is early romantic. Late beethoven, and wagner and rachmaninoff (love that guy, even if he is actually late romantic). Pretty nice stuff. I really love it when a romantic composer starts to get influenced by folk and nationalism.

Schoenboerg is the "atonal" guy right? (I think)
Yeah it is kind of weird, but I heard ones that sounded good (can't remember the musician's name...

I love nationalism, haven't heard it in a while though (I like Fabini, Abaneiz (sp?) and such)
Quote by demonofthenight

ok i was talking about the classical music not jazz!! you get it know??
i was talking about franz liszt wagner, mussorgsky and all that stuff

p.d. you have a serious prejudgement and stereotype problem
Quote by ghavelus
p.d. you have a serious prejudgement and stereotype problem
Wait, who did I stereotype?

And I was the only one to answer your question! But hey, next time you ask a question I might not answer . Honestly, what did you expect? Whenever I watch looney toons cartoons I hear jazz music and I only hear classical songs in the (rare) "merrie melodies" episodes.

How about next time you don't bump your own thread to insult me?
This thread made my day loooool

And I;m pretty sure it's big band musico.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by demonofthenight
Wait, who did I stereotype?

And I was the only one to answer your question! But hey, next time you ask a question I might not answer . Honestly, what did you expect? Whenever I watch looney toons cartoons I hear jazz music and I only hear classical songs in the (rare) "merrie melodies" episodes.

How about next time you don't bump your own thread to insult me?

never insulted you.

i just answer your hostile-like reply.
Quote by demonofthenight

YOUR WRONG AS HELL MATE loony toons used loads of classical music because it was public domain so they didn't have to pay for the rights to the music. have you even watched loony toons. Maybe brush up a bit on your info before you make some long ass effort posts
i have explored the sea
Quote by Deep-Sea-Seamus
YOUR WRONG AS HELL MATE loony toons used loads of classical music because it was public domain so they didn't have to pay for the rights to the music. have you even watched loony toons. Maybe brush up a bit on your info before you make some long ass effort posts
lol, I thought we established this?

There was some "merrie melodie" cartoons which used classical music (as it's free domain), but the vast majority of them use big band songs. I know because I was going on a looney toons binge when I wrote that.
Quote by demonofthenight
lol, I thought we established this?

There was some "merrie melodie" cartoons which used classical music (as it's free domain), but the vast majority of them use big band songs. I know because I was going on a looney toons binge when I wrote that.

sorry
i have explored the sea