hey guys im new here, so sorry if i posted this in the wrong forums... but does anybody know where i can buy Casey Calvert(deceased guitarist from hawthorne heights)'s signature washburn guitar? i saw it here(love the bug design :P) but i checked guitar center and musicians friend and a lot of local music stores but cant find any anywhere... does anybody know where to find it? thx and sry for the nubness ><
pretty sure thats not a production model, but just a custom made for him at some point. i could be wrong though.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
i would think go to "retailers" on the washburn website and contact the one nearest you

but dear god why does he get a signature guitar?!
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by seizetheday1103
i would think go to "retailers" on the washburn website and contact the one nearest you

but dear god why does he get a signature guitar?!

It's not because he was a particularly innovative or deserving guitarist, but instead: 1. Because he was in a semi-popular "alternative rock" band, and 2. Because he died.

Any time some semi-famous or famous musician dies they're catapulted into superstardom and their fame swells like nothing before. As such there are often scores of people looking for something that has anything to do with this person. Washburn sought to capitalize on his name and the wave of Hawthorne Heights fans who would want to buy this. Why people would want to buy such a guitar, however, I don't know.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
First of All the Washburn Idol CC models were only made for Casey as Washburn was sponsoring the tour they did with Fall Out Boy..
So the 3 you see in the adds are the only 3 that exist..

Why Casey deserves a signature guitar , because a ton of kids looked up to him as a guitar player ..
And it had nothing to do with his death that guitar was made almost 2 years prior to him leaving us..

I grew up with Casey he was possibly one of the highest talents I knew as a songwriter ..
Just like every blog bs on the net some kid who thinks he is the next steve vai gets on here bad mouthing good people , because they are not worthy of the respect and passion that people like Casey did..
Casey was a great guy and an amazing musician it has nothing to do with you liking his band its about respect to which a select few of you have none...