So i wont be playing my guitar for a while. Should i loosen the strings or leave them tight to prevent warping? anything else i should think of doing?
k. Ill put it in a case. But what about the strings? Should i loosen them or leave them tuned
I don't suggest standing it up or anything with the bottom bit of the guitar on the floor or towards the floor if in a case (by the bottom bit I mean the bit that would be on the floor if you leaned the guitar against your bed) the reason why is I had a Fender Tom Delonge strat (don't dis me I used to like blink-182 hehe) anyway and i just sat it in my cupboard in a case and when I got it out after a while to sell it because I didn't use it the paint looked stained kinda an off yellow faded kinda look. so yeah I guess lay it down in a case, hard case would be better and yeah maybe loosen the strings.
Quote by kabooya
k. Ill put it in a case. But what about the strings? Should i loosen them or leave them tuned

Have it set up properly so the truss rod is at the correct tension and then leave it in it's case tuned, maybe get some silica gel packets or some other kind of dessicant so that moisture doesn't build up in the case and cause any warping/string rusting.

If it's not tuned the truss rod will over-compensate for tension that isn't there and cause it to bow.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.