So my guitar teacher got some new recording equipment in, and he wanted to test it out. So we recorded a quick blues improv thing in Aminor. He just sent me an mp3, so I figured I'd ask you guys what you think of the tone (and maybe the playing too).
Mind you it's not even mastered...but whatever.

Apparently I can't get through 3 minutes of improv without making a massive mistake somewhere so I apologize in advance.

Oh, and I'm mainly concerned with the lead. The rhythm guitar wasn't being run through his new EQ system so it kinda sounds like dick.

It's in my profile, called BLUES THING or something.
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
We believe - so we're misled
We assume - so we're played
We confide - so we're deceived
We trust - so we're betrayed
It's not bad...... It is what it is-an improv,which sometimes doesn't lend it self to building licks up towards a climax and is more of a freeform.The tremelo effect wasn't my thing,but it added a spaciness to it that was kinda neat.Overall though,very solid effort.Crit my song house psych 5=the link is down below and the thread is a few rows down.

http://www.myspace.com/nathanelhaleproject
The first thing I instantly recognize is that both guitars are out of tune, which detracts somewhat from the solidarity and expression of the whole piece.

I think it was well done for the most part, but I would watch for your phrasing; don't make the quicker runs meaningless by throwing them around as if nothing. You'll want to make sure that you savour them by building up to them, possibly including some dynamic change.

I like the flow of the chord progression, very smooth aside from the being out of tune. It is very nice to relax to, and the overall feel of the piece captures the idea of the blues pretty well.

Solid effort mate

If you're in a mood to critique something not so bluesy, you can give me some give me some feedback on my work.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=947156
"I feel sorry for James Blunt, he has to wake up every morning and think 'Ah man, I'm James Blunt'"
I'm not really a fan of your lead tone, it's to processed for my taste. I like my blues raw and gritty, not soaked in delay and whatnot. Work on your phrasing, you know where your going, but sometimes the sound gets away from you. As said before work on dynamics and other expressive devices. Keep it up. If you could comment on the jazz jam on my profile that'd be great.
It sounds like you know your scales, but that's about it. You keep running up and down them and it doesn't seem like you're taking much time to listen to what the rhythm is doing. Blues is all about the feel, not how fast you can play. The leads you do show some impressive chops and a good enough variety but that's not what you should be thinking about when you're trying to do a slow blues jam. Throw in some bends, some slower, 3-4 note runs with a little natural vibrato to accent what you want, and take off all the effects. If you slow yourself down a little bit and put the extra energy into your phrasing I think you will be surprised by the results.

c4c? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=948441
Really appreciate all the comments guys, I will certainly work on the phrasing. And as far as the guitars being out of tune, I'd only realized it after he'd sent me the mp3. The rhythm guitar was already recorded when I got there, so I assumed it was in tune. My apologies!

KEEP IT REAL
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
We believe - so we're misled
We assume - so we're played
We confide - so we're deceived
We trust - so we're betrayed