Hello, I have an ibanez 520ex that I never play that I am looking to sell. It is literally pretty much brand new. It has EMG-81 pickups in it though instead of the stock ones.. I am asking 700 for it. Thanks
Here are some pictures. The guitar is a little bit dusty. The strings on it have been on it since I bought the guitar( I put them on the day i got it). These were taken on my camera phone so they actually make the guitar look worse but it will give you an idea. There are absolutely no dings on this guitar. The only wear is a couple of very minor marks from my fingers rubbing it by the strings.
700 what? Dollars? Euro? Pounds? Chickens? Rocks? What?

Might want to be more specific here.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I'm assuming $700 USD?

Sorry, but not to sound mean or anything, but your price is WAY too high. The guitar costs $600 new, even with the EMGs it should only be worth, maybe, max $500.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
I'm assuming $700 USD?

Sorry, but not to sound mean or anything, but your price is WAY too high. The guitar costs $600 new, even with the EMGs it should only be worth, maybe, max $500.

I am sorry you feel that way. I happen to think it is a good deal. A practically brand new guitar that I havent even gone through 1 set of strings on + over 200 dollars worth of pickups in it? gtfoh
By the way it will come with another set of DR extra life strings.
Quote by Would
I am sorry you feel that way. I happen to think it is a good deal. A practically brand new guitar that I havent even gone through 1 set of strings on + over 200 dollars worth of pickups in it? gtfoh

Calm down dude.

I wasn't being a dick or anything, I was only stating that someone could buy a used one for $400 and get a used set of EMGs in it for $120 and have essentially the same exact guitar, for less. I'm only trying to key you in on used prices for the guitar.

I'm sorry I offended you somehow, good luck on your sale
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Calm down dude.

I wasn't being a dick or anything, I was only stating that someone could buy a used one for $400 and get a used set of EMGs in it for $120 and have essentially the same exact guitar, for less. I'm only trying to key you in on used prices for the guitar.

I'm sorry I offended you somehow, good luck on your sale

This does save someone the shipping costs of buy a separate guitar and used EMG-81's (having someone install them) which would take a while to find a combination of the two anyway. This is already put together and is in brand new condition. I may be accepting fair offers on the guitar but im not selling it for 500 dollars. I would rather just hold on to it then give it away.. If there are any metallica fans this is the pickup combination that kirk used for a long time im not sure if he still does but if you play metallica you will get the exact sound you are looking for out of this.
Quote by Would
...if you play metallica you will get the exact sound you are looking for out of this.

If you think Pickups are the sole reason for a signature tone, I feel sorry for ya.
Yeah I'd suggest lowering the price too.

Used is used no matter how 'used' the guitar is. In most cases, the resale value of a guitar drops at least 20% the second you walk out of the store with it. Pickup 'upgrades' whether or not they are better or worse depreciates the value too.
Ibanez MTM2 (DiMarzio X2N/Paf Pro)
Ibanez JS600 (EMG 85/81)
Ibanez EW20AES
ESP LTD MV-200
Madison Divinity II
(2) Vader 2x12"
Korg Pitchblack
Ibanez TS-9
Boss NS-2
MXR-108
Roland GR-20
Also, when you're considering upgrades youve done to the guitar you have to be aware that not everyone values them as much as you do, or did. personally, id consider the EMG pups a nuisance and wouldnt give them any consideration. but fortunately for you everyone else seems to like them
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
id say this is a FAIR deal
not the best not the worst...
needs to be negotiated(SP) though!
My Guitars:
Epiphone Prophecy LP GX
(Scenic Painted) American Project Strat
LTD M-10

My Amps:
Peavey XXL
Peavey 5150
Marshall 1960a 410

SELLING 360 $200USD obo
Well maybe someone will be interested in it. I should have just made this an opinion poll.
Quote by MatrixClaw
I'm assuming $700 USD?

With the EMG's added I'd subtract $100
I LIKE IT RARE!
man you lost me with 700 I could get a beautiful Brand new Guitar for that and unless you would go down no sale for me

but free bump
Quote by Darkice
man you lost me with 700 I could get a beautiful Brand new Guitar for that and unless you would go down no sale for me

but free bump

I sent you a message.
Whats the current price?
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Whats the current price?

I sent you a pm
Oh God!! Someone trying to sell a guitar without losing all the money they spent on it!! FLAME HIM!!!

Free bump for a guy trying to make a few bucks for a nice guitar.
Quote by Thepoison92
Go as a tampon
White shirt, white hat, white trousers (cheap ones) and cover the bottom half in fake blood, also have to write 'Tampax' on the shirt, so people know what you are and can then be disgusted.
Quote by H_ngm_n
Oh God!! Someone trying to sell a guitar without losing all the money they spent on it!! FLAME HIM!!!

Free bump for a guy trying to make a few bucks for a nice guitar.

Thanks for the support
Current price is 600 dollars with me paying the shipping or $550 dollars YOU pay the shipping.
Quote by Would
ttt

Comes with the set of EMG 81's and the standard ibanez pickups also. Along with some spare hardware for the pickup system.