Ok in Atreyu-Lip Gloss and Black it is in Dropped C tuning or for any dropped tuning's really, do you need bigger strings?? Like I have 9 guage Ernie balls on mine right now, will they work ya think or for tunings like that should I go to like 10 or 11's??

Just wondering. I can play that song pretty well already, but I haven't down tuned so it sounds wrong obviously, so I was wondering will it be bad on my strings to down tune?? Thanks UG!!

MY GEAR:

ESP LTD MH-50 W/ TREMOLO
ROLAND CUBE 15X
BOSS DS-2 TURBO DISTORTION
Dunlop Ultrex Jazz III
NEW: Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby from Hell
NEW: EHX: Small Clone Chorus Pedal
well, u could use 9s but 10-12 would be better

and it wont b bad on ur strings to tune down
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Hmm alright thanks guys. So 9s will work just not as good as like 11's or something. Gonna have to deal with 9's cause I'm not gonna restring this everytime I wanna go to Drop C. Time to get another guitar!! Perfect excuse!
MY GEAR:

ESP LTD MH-50 W/ TREMOLO
ROLAND CUBE 15X
BOSS DS-2 TURBO DISTORTION
Dunlop Ultrex Jazz III
NEW: Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby from Hell
NEW: EHX: Small Clone Chorus Pedal
yeah go with heavier gauge coz i mean u can drop lighter down to C,but they will go out of tune all the time
I'm not saying not to trust the internet, but there's an alarming discrepancy between the number of iPads I've won & the number of iPads I own.
Quote by Twofly
yeah go with heavier gauge coz i mean u can drop lighter down to C,but they will go out of tune all the time

They'll only go out of tune if your guitar is not set up to handle it properly. Hell, Tony Iommi played C# Standard with 8 gauge strings.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by kOoL AiD2420
Hmm alright thanks guys. So 9s will work just not as good as like 11's or something. Gonna have to deal with 9's cause I'm not gonna restring this everytime I wanna go to Drop C. Time to get another guitar!! Perfect excuse!

I'd say just get heavier strings, and just retune every time you want to change between standard and drop C. You wouldn't need to change strings every time, but I loved the new feel when i went from 9's to 10's, and then 10's to 11's.
What kind of guitar do you have? Your scale length will affect the strings you use.
Quote by kOoL AiD2420

you don't need to restring every time you want to change tunings, I used to just use ernie ball 10-52s for every tuning and they worked well enough. Besides playing those kinda strings in standard really helps build finger strength since bends and vibrato are harder etc.

but i relly wouldn't play anything lower than drop d with 9s personally, it'd just play and sound ****.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Quote by Raijouta
They'll only go out of tune if your guitar is not set up to handle it properly. Hell, Tony Iommi played C# Standard with 8 gauge strings.

Yeah, but he did that to deliberately lower the string tension due to having no fingertips.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
they work fine. the only thing is they will snap in about a month, i use 13's for drop c which is ****ing stupid but they never break so im happy.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
skinny top / heavy bottoms IMO feel good. 52 gauge as the low C.
Light gauges on down tuned guitars feel like crap