I'm real new at the terminology so bare with me here hehe. So far I have only really been using my front pickup (switch is closest to neck). Just curious, what kind of musical styles is each pick-up kind of "suited" for?? I have noticed only that the opposite end (4 ticks down) sounds kind of mellowy, dunno how to describe it.

TIA
In my experience, you get a fuller tone when you play with the neck pickup. Don't hold me to this but i think the strings don't resonate as much near the bridge. However, it seems that the bridge pickup is good for distorted stuff with pinch harmonics. Good lead tone i guess you could say.
What kind of guitar do you have? As for pick ups I generally use neck for lead and bridge for rhythm. If you are playing with a clean sound you should be able to hear that the bridge is a little more twangy and the neck a little more sparkly. It's all personal preference. A lead guitarist in a band I sometimes sit in with plays a Gibson Les Paul Junior and that has one pick up in the bridge. Personal opinion my friend.

Neck Pickup: Closest to neck
Bridge Pickup: Closest to stop piece or vibrato
Ah whoops sorry, forgot to tell which guitar I have, it's a Godin Freeway with 3 pickups (is that correct?). It has one at top, middle and bottom.
It's not really about different pickups for different styles, after all your amp has far more say in that matter. Pickup choice is more to do with giving you different sounds during a song, bridge pickups can be quite harsh so you'd perhaps use the neck pickup instead for clean parts for example, or you'd use the bridge for an agressive solo but the neck for a slower, more soulful one.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Ooh, pretty guitar!
It's HSH setup, so it has a humbucker in the neck, single coil in the middle, and a humbucker in the bridge.
The bridge is more suited to heavier, chugging stuff, and the neck is sited to cleaner stuff. As above, neck = lead, bridge = rhythm, and the middle single coil is a kinda half way house (I think).
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Thanks a lot guys, I've been finally using the other pickups (not just the neck hehe) and it's starting to take now. So for example, I'm practicing Little Wing (original Hendrix version) a lot, in parts, would he have played it w/neck pickup for the intro, and then when the verse starts maybe use the bridge pickup?

Thanks
For Hendrix stuff like the inbetween positions (2 and 4) sound best to me for the rhythm parts, you can use the bridge or neck position for the solos when you want a bit more oomph.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com