(wall of text - if ur too lazy just go to the bottom question)

Well, I have an Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah (which i love, no matter what ppl think of it) but it has never given me that low end that i've always wanted. However, i recently found out that there's two little "trim pots" that can be adjusted if the small sticker under the pedal is removed. I went ahead and checked it out and indeed there they were. They're supposed to change the limit on high and low frequencies assigned to the pots for adjusting tone. I wanna change the one for the lows so i can get more of them but i'm afraid of damaging them due to the screwdriver that i can use to change them (they're really small and look like phillips screws; kinda like the ones used on sun glasses).

So the question is: will using a magnetized screwdriver mess up my wah? they're the only ones small enough to reach and spin the "pots." Of course, i'll be doing so while everything is unplugged and without a battery in the pedal.

EDIT: this is not actually a mod for the pedal since the sticker is only placed to cover the hole giving access to those two screws/pots.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Last edited by evening_crow at Sep 1, 2008,
Ok, thanks guys... i was just asking since i'm aware that static can mess up electronic stuff (computers mainly) and i was just wondering what magnetism would do.

Magnetism can affect magnetic data storage devices such as floppies and hard drives, but pot tweaking doesn't care.
Your wah is weak, get a CryBaby!
Gear: Warmoth Soloist / Hondo Acou. / Ibanez AS73

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

Bugera V55 / Home Made Cab w/ Celestion Speakers G12M & G12T
The crybaby's worse than his current wah.
Fender USA Telecaster
Laney VC30-210
Vox Wah
That's it :|
Oh well, that;s you'r opinion, i love my wah.
Gear: Warmoth Soloist / Hondo Acou. / Ibanez AS73

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

Bugera V55 / Home Made Cab w/ Celestion Speakers G12M & G12T
You idiots. Stop telling people how much their gear sucks or w/e.

"Hi guys, can I use a magnetic screwdriver to adjust the trimpot on my Ibanez Weeping Demon wah?"

"WDs suck, gets a Crybaby!!!11!!"

"Ya, Crybaby FTFW!!!1!twelve"

Seriously, it's getting rediculous.
Quote by Invader Jim
You idiots. Stop telling people how much their gear sucks or w/e.

"Hi guys, can I use a magnetic screwdriver to adjust the trimpot on my Ibanez Weeping Demon wah?"

"WDs suck, gets a Crybaby!!!11!!"

"Ya, Crybaby FTFW!!!1!twelve"

Seriously, it's getting rediculous.

I know... The ONLY Crybaby that even appeals to me is the 535Q and even then i won't buy it. I prefer the sound i get out of my Weeping Demon since not many ppl around here use them. Plus, it's easier to use imo.

You will be fine with a normal screwdriver.
However, you can get those plastic non-conductive screwdrivers really cheap ($2 or so).
That can be useful for adjusting trimpots on a powered circuit.
Where are these trimpots located at? I also have a WD7 and i have the same problem.
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Quote by walker-rose
Where are these trimpots located at? I also have a WD7 and i have the same problem.

Well, on the bottom of the unit there's a small silver sticker (about 1 inch big). If you remove it u'll notice there's a hole it was covering. Right inside it there are two little pots.

There...