Ok so yeah my behringer eq kinda crapped out...go figure...

So yeah i ve been looking at new eq pedals and i ve kinda narroved it down to the:

-Boss GE7

-Mxr 6 band or 10 band eq.

OK so i know that the 10 band mxr is prolly the best but it is pricier than the others...

SO i was just wondering about the boss and i have some questions.
The behringer 7 band is actually a copy of the boss 7 band eq...so i was wondering just how much better is the boss??? of course reliability wise it will be better but sound wise? will it be that much better than the behringer to justify its 4X price?
Also people say its noisy....is it?

Thanks guys!
The Boss is probably not much better sounding, if any. Boss pedals and Behringer's have similar (poor) bypasses, imo, and color your tone whether on or off.

The MXR has a much better bypass and is just overall a much nicer pedal imo. It's built like a tank and can take a beating, not to mention it's not noisy at all.

Point being: Get an MXR
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
The Boss is probably not much better sounding, if any. Boss pedals and Behringer's have similar (poor) bypasses, imo, and color your tone whether on or off.

The MXR has a much better bypass and is just overall a much nicer pedal imo. It's built like a tank and can take a beating, not to mention it's not noisy at all.

Point being: Get an MXR

+1
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Takamine G Series 6&12 string accoustics

Marshall JCM 800 50w 1987 (4 input)
Marshall 1936 Cab

Jim Dunlop CryBaby
MXR 10 band EQ

R n'fn' R!
i posted this in another thread

I use mine in the EFX loop of my amp and it boosts my mids as well as adding some gain as well. it never sounds thin and i use a strat which can be prone to sounding thin.

I really like it but there are better out there.
Im a bit of a tone freak this is the only pedal i use that isnt tone freak-ish but it has mojo and the fact that its not perfect gives my sound a little more charicter.

it is a bit noisey (again im using a strat) but nothing to worry about live and any decent studio has a noise gate.