anyways i know the pit is not a dentist and my spelling/grammer is horrible but i dont wanna have fake teeth

ok i was just brushing my teeth kinda hard and i found a spot that kinda hurt but it felt good so kept brushing the **** outta it, then when i spit a little blood came out. I then thought it was from a gum. but it turned out it was right around my tooth (third one from my front teeth) and i compared it to my tooth on the other and it looks like the gum from it was lifted a bit. now it hurts a little when my tongue puts pressure on it but the tooth isnt wiggling. is it going to stay in? or am i gonna lose my tooth?
how do i save the tooth?

tl;dr

brushed a tooth really hard, started to bleed, in fear of it fallilng out, wants to know if im gonna lose it and if so how do i save it
Free The Tooth!!!
Quote by dan ramP
RSOB and Gavs must have a great relationship to be able to sleep around so much
Quote by RSOB Bass
Yeah, it's pretty flexible. Like gavz.

Likes to play thread games, also!

*[/dead]*
dont brush your teeth so hard, you dont have to brush hard to get the job done, just properly, and floss/mouthwash as well, in case he is right and its gingavitis
Dude, don't worry, if they fall otu they grow back. it used to happen to me all the time when i was younger. just yank that bad boy out.
i know that if you brush really really REALLY often, use soft bristles because harder ones will corrode your gums.
That's basically what he said. It's just your gums aren't used to that punishment. It's like you have to get them used to it. Take it easy, your teeth are staying in your mouth.
Quote by RU Experienced?
It's probably just early gingivitis, take better care of your teeth. Brush, floss, mouth wash, the whole deal.

Indeed.

Quote by deckerbastard69
anyways i know the pit is not a dentist and my spelling/grammer is horrible but i dont wanna have fake teeth

Haha I don't think I've ever seen someone misspell a word right after the word "spelling".

But it does prove your point clearly.

Quote by deckerbastard69

ok i was just brushing my teeth kinda hard and i found a spot that kinda hurt but it felt good so kept brushing the **** outta it, then when i spit a little blood came out. I then thought it was from a gum. but it turned out it was right around my tooth (third one from my front teeth) and i compared it to my tooth on the other and it looks like the gum from it was lifted a bit. now it hurts a little when my tongue puts pressure on it but the tooth isnt wiggling. is it going to stay in? or am i gonna lose my tooth?
how do i save the tooth?

tl;dr

What a sad day it is when a single paragraph is considered too long to read.

EDIT:
Quote by Spamwise
Dude, don't worry, if they fall otu they grow back. it used to happen to me all the time when i was younger. just yank that bad boy out.

Unless it's his baby teeth, that's not true.
Last edited by Tire Me. at Sep 1, 2008,
You are fine. In fact -- brush that badboy hard -- more often if possible. This will help protect your tooth -- and heal your gums.

Also -- if for any reason you DO lose a tooth -- immediately put it in milk and make an emergency call to a dentist. It is possible to save a tooth if you can get it to the doc asap (as in under an hour.) Explaining the situation (go ahead and call the dentist at home for this one) will usually result in an expensive (but still covered by insurance) emergency visit -- they understand your pain
"Is that the fucking bible?"

"That's Holy Fucking Bible to you"
Quote by Spamwise

Teeths grow backs!
after reading up on Gingivitis it looks like im ok, ill just have to stop brushing my teeth to death metal
Quote by deckerbastard69
after reading up on Gingivitis it looks like im ok, ill just have to stop brushing my teeth to death metal

To everyone saying to brush harder: Don't. It'll only irritate it more. Go gentle on it till it heals up. Also try using a soft bristle tooth brush, as previously mentioned.
Quote by Toaster Pastry
Maybe you should stop doing meth.

I agree. that dope up shot down crack/cocaine will knock your tummies unconscience for a good 2 days

edit- wtf did I just type?
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Quote by mikko 9119
I agree. that dope up shot down crack/cocaine will knock your tummies unconscience for a good 2 days

I think you should probably cut down on the drugs too.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Quote by Imp
You are fine. In fact -- brush that badboy hard -- more often if possible. This will help protect your tooth -- and heal your gums.

Also -- if for any reason you DO lose a tooth -- immediately put it in milk and make an emergency call to a dentist. It is possible to save a tooth if you can get it to the doc asap (as in under an hour.) Explaining the situation (go ahead and call the dentist at home for this one) will usually result in an expensive (but still covered by insurance) emergency visit -- they understand your pain

You couldn't possibly give worse advice. Brushing too often and too hard can strip away enamel, leaving your teeth vulnerable to decay.
Last edited by Axendancy at Sep 1, 2008,
Your teeth are rooted very deeply into your jaws, so you should be fine. If your gum wears away enough for the tooth to fall out, you'll have bigger problems to worry about than losing a tooth.

My unprofessional, uneducated guess would be that your gum isn't accustomed to the brushing and is overreacting to the new experience, but disregard that if you find any helpful information to the contrary.
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD
Quote by Toaster Pastry
Maybe you should stop doing meth.

Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
the blood IS your gums.

you don't have to brush so hard anyway because you slowly erode your teeth and you only get 1 set (assuming your age > 10) so unless you want weak teeth when you're older...
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
how hard do you brush to make your teeth fall out? O.o
in all seriousness, your tooth won't fall out. you've probably just lifted the gum around the tooth, it'll heal don't worry. for the time being, just gently brush your teeth until it heals and you'll be fine.
Quote by Axendancy
You couldn't possibly give worse advice. Brushing too often and too hard can strip away enamel, leaving your teeth vulnerable to decay.

If you do it every day your whole life -- yes. Im saying until his gums stop being sensitive.

For the same reason your teeth feel 100x better after you have a dentist scrape em with that sharp little needle -- that sort of thing is *therapudic* on occaision.

Or should all dentists stop scraping teeth and polishing them because those actions done in excess would destroy teeth. Maybe I shouldnt play guitar because done in excess I can tear the nerves in my fingers apart. Too much water gives water poisoning -- I guess I should drink less water.

Am I going balls out in those examples -- yup. Why? Because it's about as silly as when people (read you among others) take a simple piece of advice and try to expand it out beyond what it says.

Scrub the tooth -- keep it clean -- when it (and what ACTUALLY is causing your pain -- your gums ie. *most likely gingivitis*) feels normal -- go BACK to brushing normal. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the context here.

Quote by Imp
If you do it every day your whole life -- yes. Im saying until his gums stop being sensitive.

For the same reason your teeth feel 100x better after you have a dentist scrape em with that sharp little needle -- that sort of thing is *therapudic* on occaision.

Or should all dentists stop scraping teeth and polishing them because those actions done in excess would destroy teeth. Maybe I shouldnt play guitar because done in excess I can tear the nerves in my fingers apart. Too much water gives water poisoning -- I guess I should drink less water.

Am I going balls out in those examples -- yup. Why? Because it's about as silly as when people (read you among others) take a simple piece of advice and try to expand it out beyond what it says.

Scrub the tooth -- keep it clean -- when it (and what ACTUALLY is causing your pain -- your gums ie. *most likely gingivitis*) feels normal -- go BACK to brushing normal. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the context here.

Are you serious? Doing the wrong thing for shorter periods still doesn't make it right. There isn't one dentist in the world that would recommend brushing your teeth harder when you are feeling pain. Scraping plaque off teeth does not "destroy teeth" like incorrectly brushing does. In the future try to focus less on trying to justify your case through irrelevant statements.
Last edited by Axendancy at Sep 1, 2008,
/sigh

Ok -- let me try simpler words --

Somethings are not wrong unless done in excess. He is probably ok now -- and this whole argument is moot though. Bye bye kiddo.

He should go to a dentist to get his tooth checked though.

Quote by Imp
/sigh

Ok -- let me try simpler words --

Somethings are not wrong unless done in excess.
He is probably ok now -- and this whole argument is moot though. Bye bye kiddo.

He should go to a dentist to get his tooth checked though.

Do you ever tire of being wrong? Nothing done to the human body in excess can be good for it. Ill take your claim the "whole argument is moot" as a concession.
Recommended threads
Taake
Necropeth91
Last post:
by Necrolust
Cryptopsy ( 1 2 )
rockybo
Last post:
by Molodov