i heard about these but i dont know what they are, are they liek 8 strings with a small strign for every big one?
Try adding more delay.
A double bass is basically a humongous violin. Obviously the same tuning as aan electric bass, usually fretless. Used with a bow, or plucking.
Current Gear
Guitars:
Ibanez GSR200FML - Basitar
Epiphone SG - Bass
(Strictly Stainless Steel Super Slinky Bass strings)

Amps:
110 Watt Peavy amp(For practice)
200 Watt Peavy amp(For soliciting or the occasional gig.)
Quote by telecastrmastr
i heard about these but i dont know what they are, are they liek 8 strings with a small strign for every big one?

That's just an 8 string bass. A double bass is a different instrument entirely from an electric bass, their only similarity is that they (generally) play in the same range. They're also called string basses. They can take the place of an electric bass in jazz ensembles and country/billy bands, but aren't usually used in rock music.
ah i see, a fretless electric bowed-plucked bass...sounds confuzing...but thank you!

no, it's acoustic, looks like a cello
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
theyre the things that look liek big violins dude

they CAN be electric... but tradiontially, they are acoustic

check out the living end, the bassist uses a double bass

Sanity is not statistical
Quote by telecastrmastr
ah i see, a fretless electric bowed-plucked bass...sounds confuzing...but thank you!

They're usually not electric, and even played live often just have a mic taped to one of the sound holes.
a double bass is basically a double necked bass, however the double bass is different to an average double necked bass. the double bass necks goes off the body at different angles, so the necks are not parralell, the huge angle difference makes playing easier.
Quote by jb_reborn
a double bass is basically a double necked bass, however the double bass is different to an average double necked bass. the double bass necks goes off the body at different angles, so the necks are not parralell, the huge angle difference makes playing easier.

All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by jb_reborn
LOL

Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Google image search double bass. All but the last two pictures are of a double bass.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Couldn't you just check wikipedia? They're those big stand up "cellos" that you see people play in classical music or jazz bands or whatever.

I think the TM is just an attention seeker. He's been going on about posting his basses in the Show Of Your Bass thread but hasn't yet.
Quote by Demon Wolf
Man, you even got the melody right. +1000000 points.

Quote by Night_Lights
^thats a brilliant call. *jots in notebook*
This whole thread made 5 of my brain cells shoot them selves.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
What kicks ass is Pete Steele from TON playing one with a chain strap!

Leo Fender relaly reduced the demand for the double bass didn't he?
Quote by dancesisidance
This whole thread made 5 of my brain cells shoot them selves.

poor you, now you have only 3 left
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ