I have owned this Fender Deluxe Stratocaster for 5-6 months. I was happy until I played my friends knock off Tokai, which performed better in every aspect, and I've been dismayed with my fender ever since.

I'm getting rid of this Strat one way or another but I don't know what for. I'll probably get less then a $1000 dollars for trading it in (Even though it's in mint condition). The point is I'll be looking for a guitar under $1000 and I have no idea what I'm looking for. I don't even want to bother with a Gibson, Epi, Fender, Squeir because I've had horrible experiences with all of them.

What would my money be best spent on. I've been looking at Minarik & Michael Kelly's. I usually like to emulate Guns N' Roses, Black Sabbath, Jimi Hendrix and Led Zep. I like having clean tones when I need it, but I like to rock out as well. Anything you guys suggest will be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Tokai is hard to come by. When I play with Dirty I don't like the bounce the strat design gives. Not to mention I'd rather have a single cut. I probably should of mentioned that before.
Last edited by Dirty_Civilian at Sep 1, 2008,
Dude dont let past experiances put you off of the bigger makes, try the guitar out before you buy it. Try a few Fender Telecasters maybe? I find Tele's better than strats anyway.
Quote by LiBam
...depends ... I sound sh*t nd i'm James Hetfield!

- This is why we Love Ultimate Guitar
I edited, sorry. I'm not a fan of the Double cut in the first place. I'm such a picky guitar player it's ridiculous.
Don't under-estimate how a poor setup can make good guitars play like crap.

It's not like setups are very expensive, I'd get one done before I decided to swap it.
Quote by Tomaz24
Don't under-estimate how a poor setup can make good guitars play like crap.

It's not like setups are very expensive, I'd get one done before I decided to swap it.

I've had it done 3 times with in this period. Never feels right. I've actually sat down with the tech on the third time.
Any PRS. I play everything from funk and R&b to heavy metal on my PRS 513. They're some of the most versatile instruments out there.
Quote by DevilsDance76
rigeljs is on the money...

PRS 513 Mahogany>Fulltone Clyde Wah>Tonebone Classic>MXR Dyna Comp>ISP Noise Decimator>Boss TU-2>Mesa Lonestar Special
well i hate to rant but if its never felt rite why on earth did you buy it seems mad to me but there you go you shoulda dun your research on what kinda sound you wanted. but mabie you should look into a prs or as you said a tokai but its not up to us its your money so you gotta try one this time and maake sure it feels rite and sounds good
Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick
Look into the MK Patriot Premium, although EMGs probably wont suit you. Also look at the Minarik Lotus, or an Edwards LP.