i am thinking about upgrading sometime in the near future but i don't have an idea of what i want to upgrade to (which is a first for me). i am willing to spend between $1000 and $1500 AUD (aussie dollars). i play alot of things but most commonly blues, rock, shred, jazz and metal are what i usually play.

*EDIT* ah **** wrong tab, goddamn you firefox! will repost in right forum.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

Last edited by aradine at Sep 1, 2008,
I have an Ibanez Rg too, what i'm getting next is an ESP because they focus primarily on metal players, the guitars are for metal, check out the ESP Eclipse 1000 is you like lep pauls and like 24 frets, oh and emgs.
if I was you, I'd sell your Gio to some stupid kid then buy myself a fender strat, you're playing a lot of different genres so it's hard to pick a guitar to focus on, if you where to play more the jazz and blues i'd say get a good telecaster, and if you're playing metal, get yourself an ESP LTD MH-1000, but since you're in the middle, go stratocaster, they'll do anything pretty good.
jeffelker40, How thin are the necks on the eclipse? I'm considering one. Are they, ibanez thin?

are any equipped with floyd roses?
Quote by injected
jeffelker40, How thin are the necks on the eclipse? I'm considering one. Are they, ibanez thin?

are any equipped with floyd roses?

they vary from model to model, the eclipse is nearly ibanez thin i think, you can't get a floyd rose on an eclipse but you can get them on the max cavelara and kirk hammet models.
Quote by UltimateDud
if I was you, I'd sell your Gio to some stupid kid then buy myself a fender strat, you're playing a lot of different genres so it's hard to pick a guitar to focus on, if you where to play more the jazz and blues i'd say get a good telecaster, and if you're playing metal, get yourself an ESP LTD MH-1000, but since you're in the middle, go stratocaster, they'll do anything pretty good.

Strats only have 22 frets though, eps wins there on almost every model.
Quote by Kevin Saale
^Why do you need 24 frets anyhow?

Because I'd rather have it than not need it than need it and not have it, i like having a full 2 octaves.
I would probably go with either a good tele cause they can do just about anything (maybe a tele with a bridge humbucker even?) or look at the PRS SE custom which is an awesome guitar and slightly below your budget so you would have money left over for some kick ass pickups to put in it
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?