in right forum now so....

i am thinking about upgrading sometime in the near future but i don't have an idea of what i want to upgrade to (which is a first for me). i am willing to spend between $1000 and $1500 AUD (aussie dollars). i play alot of things but most commonly blues, rock, shred, jazz and metal are what i usually play.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

Well you've already got an LP and an RG, so maybe try a fat strat? Fender Deluxe fat strats are pretty nice IMO.
Dickless.
I'd look into Warmoth. After owning about 10 different guitars I turned to them and got exactly what I wanted and I haven't been able to put it down for months.
For that money I'd say you could get a great G&L (legacy HB or Bluesboy might fit what you need exactly). Those things will blow most any deluxe strat. Still, I'd be hesitant about buying something without playing it first and I'm not sure be able to find one in a shop. You obviously have been playing for a while. Go to a few shops and try out a bunch of different things might be my best advice.
Quote by kfong03
get a dean man, awesome looks and sound, i reli want one myself

Good Luck playing jazz on a dean.

Higher end Epi Les Paul imo.
Quote by IROBOTInferno
I've never been caught (beating off), but my dad was picking up my gf once and "accidentaly" grabbed her boobs.
i just bought a second hand american stratocaster (deluxe strat 3 single coils) so yeh buy an american made strat...no question asked....once i picked it up i havnt put it down, playing is much more fun with it, the diversity it shows is unbelievavle...ive played Rickenbackers 620's, les pauls, SG's, tele's and ive owned a maton mastersounds (which will always hold a place in my heart) and the strats my fav, maybe just a personal thing, but mate check out some strats, even second hand.
What's the price of a Variax 700 where your at? To cover that many styles you should give it a look.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
actually a PRS sounds like a good idea, and our local music store (of whom i am good friends with everyone working there) stocks them. i'll be sure to test them out. and Steve i saw your thread on a Custom 22 or Custom 24, what would you suggest?

also to the guy who said dean, i have a hatred of deans. they look like the kind of guitar that only appeals to 13 year olds who have no experience in music beyond guitar hero. and there build quality has wanned severly over the last couple of years.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

Quote by aradine
actually a PRS sounds like a good idea, and our local music store (of whom i am good friends with everyone working there) stocks them. i'll be sure to test them out. and Steve i saw your thread on a Custom 22 or Custom 24, what would you suggest?

also to the guy who said dean, i have a hatred of deans. they look like the kind of guitar that only appeals to 13 year olds who have no experience in music beyond guitar hero. and there build quality has wanned severly over the last couple of years.

I've played both the 22 and 24. The 24 has (from what I gathered) just a slightly sharper, more compressed attack (hardly noticeable) i.e. just a tad more metal-oriented, and the 22 has just a little bit more organic sounding pickups aswell as a more harmonically happening neck pickup (this is because the pickup is placed right beneath the harmonic, which it isn't on the 24 because the frets get in the way). So the neck pickup is just a bit more "stratty" because of this, which I like, it sounds more expressive.

If you switch pickups, it's only the harmonic factor that's left to think about. I got the 22, and I tune it to drop C and play progressive metal with it. So I'm in NO way saying the 22 isn't good for metal, it kicks arse for metal, but the 24 might be better for this. For all other styles though I'd take the 22. But I know with PRS, unless you're willing to shell out $3000, chossing between 22 and 24 can be very much based on what prices you find. If you want the 22 but find a 24 for $100 less, I'd take the 24.

So the difference is really, really marginal, but since you asked I thought I'd give you a thorough response.