Hey guys, does anyone know of any program I can download that will allow me to change the pitch of a song. I have a backing track that's tuned down half a step and I want to be able to play along to it with out having to detune. I have a floating trem so it's very frustrating.
Quote by The Spoon
i wasnt wikipediaing blow job okay, it just happened

Quote by primusfan

one time i fucked a sofa.

Quote by Draken
Freedom of speach?

on a private website?

Based in Russia?

i'm sorry comrade, but you fail.
open it in audacity -> Effect menu -> Change pitch

though the algorithm it uses isn't perfect but its not really that bad for small changes in pitch
Download winamp, and the Pacemaker plug-in for it.

It lets you change tempo, pitch and speed.

I use it to play GnR songs while in standard tuning, and standard tuned songs while I'm down a half a step or two.

It's good, and you can let it remember the settings for each song, but doesn't actually alter the song permanently.
It's not a good idea anyway, when you do that to a file the pitch goes up and change your key, or down for that matter. but the problem is that it wont sound good. A raised pitch on someone like Barry White would make him sound like Celine Dion.

I know this bacause my motherboards integrated soundcard has a little program that does this.
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
the ALC'73 audio driver for realtek audio cards can do it. I guess there are some other options with tweaked audio drivers. But when you are looking for a specific track you could try a standard audio editor like: wavelab, cooledit, audacity, Soundbooth. Each of those should work.
Quote by backtothe70s
It's not a good idea anyway, when you do that to a file the pitch goes up and change your key, or down for that matter. but the problem is that it wont sound good. A raised pitch on someone like Barry White would make him sound like Celine Dion.

I know this bacause my motherboards integrated soundcard has a little program that does this.

It doesn't have to sound great if you just want to practice with the song playing, it's about listening to yourself, more than the actual song.
I have this program called "Best Practice"

It's what you're looking for.

Google it.
I hate my username, it all happened in a rush

████████████████████████████████████████████