Can anyone give me a few songs/instrumentals which are at a grade 8 for guitar.

also someone told me there is a grade 9 and 10 for guitar can anyone tell me if thats true, and if it is can you reccomend me a song/instrumentals that is grade 9/10 for guitar
Quote by 2mins2midnite
Can anyone give me a few songs/instrumentals which are at a grade 8 for guitar.

also someone told me there is a grade 9 and 10 for guitar can anyone tell me if thats true, and if it is can you reccomend me a song/instrumentals that is grade 9/10 for guitar

??

Which Board are you talking about?

It stops at 8.
With RGT you don't play songs and Rockschool will very kindly provide you with the Grade 8 pieces.
ABRSM only goes up to grade 8, I've never heard of a grade 9 or 10 though...
Quote by MoogleRancha

You sir, are a genius.

I salute you.

Quote by iwontwait
The bestowing of this thread on my life is yours. Thank you, Benjabenja.
meh i can play 1/4 of arppeggios from hell by malmsteen
im learning the whole thing tho
i can play the 1/4 of it clean and same speed so that i think is a high grade lol!
^ i find blitzkrieg more challenging. and possibly far beyond the sun even more. but blitzkrieg is more fun :P

if you're into neo-classical you should definitely check some vinnie moore stuff out, if you haven't already.
classical songs can be pretty challenging too.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
they're actually not that hard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP5uSyQb5wE

That one is hardly the hardest one in the grade anyway and more to the point they're not all about teh shr3dz; they're about getting used to odd timings, playing solos that are stylistically approriate, getting used to playing in all kinds of different keys and exercising dynamic control. To be honest that "keng" guy isn't playing them anywhere near as well as he probably could with a bit of study anyway.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
The grades have very little little to do with the peices complexity from what I've heard
Originally posted by TapMaster
If you break a JEM you know your going to go to hell when you die

Only member of the 'This is too immature for me' club.
Quote by RCalisto
^ i find blitzkrieg more challenging. and possibly far beyond the sun even more. but blitzkrieg is more fun :P

if you're into neo-classical you should definitely check some vinnie moore stuff out, if you haven't already.
classical songs can be pretty challenging too.

yer im into vinnie moore/tony macalpine/paul gilbert etc..
Quote by 2mins2midnite
yer im into vinnie moore/tony macalpine/paul gilbert etc..

Try looking into Jason Becker's stuff like his version of Paganini's Fifth Caprice and Serrana if you want some impossibly difficult pieces of music

Also listen to Michael Romeo of Symphony X, his sweep tapping and Legato are insane

1980s Ibanez RG470
Epiphone G400
Peavey Vypyr 30
Vox DA5
Vox Cybaby Wah
Monster Cables
and Red Jazz IIIs

I donated 2020 grains of rice

http://freerice.com/index.php
Quote by MulanoSG
Try looking into Jason Becker's stuff like his version of Paganini's Fifth Caprice and Serrana if you want some impossibly difficult pieces of music

Also listen to Michael Romeo of Symphony X, his sweep tapping and Legato are insane

jason becker is mad, and micheal romeo licks are more technical than malmsteen