i sold a pedal over ebay, and got a message that the guy claims that it doesnt work anymore. i tried it the day i sent it, and it worked perfectly. i sent him a message with things to try out, like the polarity of the adapter and so on. if he still claims that it doesnt work, am I in any way obliged to refund his money and take the pedal back? or can he only give me a negative rating?
Quote by CoreysMonster
i sold a pedal over ebay, and got a message that the guy claims that it doesnt work anymore. i tried it the day i sent it, and it worked perfectly. i sent him a message with things to try out, like the polarity of the adapter and so on. if he still claims that it doesnt work, am I in any way obliged to refund his money and take the pedal back? or can he only give me a negative rating?

Hmm...
If he can prove it was damaged before he got it, I think you have to refund it.
It'd be the right thing to do, though, to tell him to send it back, and you'll try it out and see if it is actually broken.
If it is, well, refund it, I guess.

You don't HAVE to though, from what I've gathered, although it's nice to.

-Jayke
Member of the Laney Cult
grr it really pisses me off because I just moved into my first own apartment and really need the money, which is why i sold it in the first place. oh well, i guess a negative rating on ebay isnt as bad as not being able to pay the rent next month.
Quote by CoreysMonster
grr it really pisses me off because I just moved into my first own apartment and really need the money, which is why i sold it in the first place. oh well, i guess a negative rating on ebay isnt as bad as not being able to pay the rent next month.

yeah but the next time you try to sell something, ppl may not be willing to buy from you because of your feedback.
Quote by JaykeSucks
Hmm...
If he can prove it was damaged before he got it, I think you have to refund it.
It'd be the right thing to do, though, to tell him to send it back, and you'll try it out and see if it is actually broken.
If it is, well, refund it, I guess.

-Jayke

+1

It's the right thing to do really. As far as I know you don't HAVE to refund it.. But if it were me, and it didn't work then I would.
he will give you a negative feedback :/ and that's bad for you .. but maybe he's just being a douche . plus, if you are used to selling on ebay, you'll get more deals with a positive feedback that will cover your negative ..
Quote by Demons&Wizards
yeah but the next time you try to sell something, ppl may not be willing to buy from you because of your feedback.

I know, but if it`s between never selling on ebay again or getting kicked out of my apartment, theres an obvious lesser evil.

EDIT: and what if I take it back, but he was the one who broke it? because I KNOW for sure that it worked before i sent it. for all i know, he could have used a wrong adapter and blew a circuit or whatever.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Sep 1, 2008,
Actually, if he decides to settle a dispute, then you're pretty much f*cked due to authorities getting involved.
Check their feedback next time.
If it all has negative feedback, then you can refuse selling to that person and re-auction it

EDIT:^ That's the problem with stupid people.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Quote by Seth Shadows
Actually, if he decides to settle a dispute, then you're pretty much f*cked due to authorities getting involved.
Check their feedback next time.
If it all has negative feedback, then you can refuse selling to that person and re-auction it

EDIT:^ That's the problem with stupid people.

I do, and this guy has nothing but positive.
Quote by CoreysMonster
I do, and this guy has nothing but positive.

I doubt he's lying.

What's the pedal?
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
Last edited by Donkey Fly at Sep 1, 2008,
Quote by CoreysMonster
hm. dammit.
I hope he just is too stupid to figure out how to use it.

How much did it sell for? Maybe I'll buy it from you if you really need it for rent.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Get him to send it back. If it really is broken tell that to him and that it wasn't broken before it was sent but that you'll try to repair it anyway. Then he'll be thinking "what a dude". Just look for broken bits in the solder that need redoing. That's nearly always the problem with pedals unless you put insane amounts of electrisity through them or something else stupid.
Quote by Seth Shadows
How much did it sell for? Maybe I'll buy it from you if you really need it for rent.

well it was a digitech whammy II, used, obviously, and it went for 130 euros.
Quote by CoreysMonster
well it was a digitech whammy II, used, obviously, and it went for 130 euros.

Ugh, sorry man I can't buy overseas. My paypal has awful restrictions due to it not being immediate payment. (so It'd get there around october?) Or I definatly would. I could always use another.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Quote by Les Paul Ell
Get him to send it back. If it really is broken tell that to him and that it wasn't broken before it was sent but that you'll try to repair it anyway. Then he'll be thinking "what a dude". Just look for broken bits in the solder that need redoing. That's nearly always the problem with pedals unless you put insane amounts of electrisity through them or something else stupid.

hmm you make a good point.

alright, I´ll do this.
Quote by CoreysMonster
hmm you make a good point.

alright, I´ll do this.

I hope it all works out for you. Let us know what happens.
alright so he finally wrote me back, he said it was his adapter, it didn´t have enough ampere to run the pedal, so now everythings fine. phew!!
In no way are you obliged to refund unless he can prove it was broken when it arrived rather than him being the person who broke it, which is pretty much impossible. I sold my broken iPod on eBay for £90 years ago, even said it was broken on my auction page, then I start getting angry emails that this guy's son has just wasted £90. Not my fault if you can't read, it was right there in the short description in the same colour and sized font as everything else.
Jackson RR5
Epiphone LP Standard
Ibanez S370
Marshall JCM 800 4103 Combo
Roland Cube 60