I've decided to quit my position and am looking for a replacement. Anyone?

Page 1 of 4
Title says it all. Looking for a good pit person to do the job justice.

Post why you'll be a good choice. Anyone that doesn't take this seriously will receive a warning/ban accordingly.
This is not a pipe
Needs to be someone already with power, blue's to much for us mere mortals.

Dont go!

Plz dont warn me
*Ahem*
Hello Carmel

I believe i know my ins and outs of the forums.

Edit: If chosen, i'd need to make my avatar a colour changing eye. Nothing fills the void though!

Edit2: I'm on pretty much all day, and im constantly refreshing(:sad so i can catch anything ban/warning worthy as soon as it happens.

Edit3: I've moderated other forums before, so i'm familiar with the job.
When all else fails, ask the pit.
Last edited by I-Watch-Anime at Sep 1, 2008,
Quote by Preid
Needs to be someone already with power, blue's to much for us mere mortals.

Adequate training will be provided on the job.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
I agree with Preid, it needs to be someone with experience of how the whole "power" thing works. To jump a regular user up to a bluey is a big jump.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
I would like to be a mod because I hate spammers and I actually play guitar (unlike most pit goers).
Also I think I'm fair with people and somewhat nice.
and I'm on here alot.
Oh and I also read the rules a lot (everytime they're updated, so I know what's fair and what's not)
Did I do it right?

EDIT: I'm up for the training too.

Double edit: and I've also been here since the end of 2005, that's a long time, so I know what goes on in the pit.
Last edited by Portuguese_boy at Sep 1, 2008,
In that case I retract my statement.

EDIT: Whoops, should probably have read OP more carefully, apologies.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by metacarpi
In that case I retract my statement.

I think Deliriumbassist would make a good one, as would Darkstar2466.

+1 for Delirium

EDIT: K soz my bad.

*exits thread sharpish*
Me.

Edit: Didn't notice the ban bit.

I have been here for a long time. I am very experienced (kinda). I am also a great dancer.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
Quote by carmel_l

Post why you'll be a good choice. Anyone that doesn't take this seriously will receive a warning/ban accordingly.

Not going to indulge "me" posts.
This is not a pipe
I would like to be a moderator, considering the fact that I was one in some forum site but then things got really awkward and the admin and I got into a big fight..

I would also like to be a mod but then, there's the totally annoying hours of spammers and scammers...

We'll all miss you, carmel!
Quote by dan ramP
RSOB and Gavs must have a great relationship to be able to sleep around so much
Quote by RSOB Bass
Yeah, it's pretty flexible. Like gavz.

Likes to play thread games, also!

*[/dead]*
I'd like to because I feel I've been here long enough, know the pit and the regular posters well, am a pretty intelligent person and not generally disliked (I hope). I'd take it seriously too and don't believe I'd go on a power trip.

EDIT: I think there are a lot of people who would be good moderators, it's quite hard to say how exactly one stands out from the rest. I just have a genuine desire to be one and am sure I'd do a good job. One thing though is that in these serious threads about relationships, politics or whatever I tend to have very strong views but I don't verbally attack people with contrasting opinions and that is something I see a lot on these forums. I'd like to think I could keep everything nice and clean and while I don't think I'd be on here looking for people to ban or posts to delete (that would take the fun away from being in a forum!) I most certainly would be very aware of these things and would take appropriate action swiftly.

Make what you will of this edit
Jackson RR5
Epiphone LP Standard
Ibanez S370
Marshall JCM 800 4103 Combo
Roland Cube 60
Last edited by rickmeister at Sep 1, 2008,
Well, in that case... I'm pretty much on all day, would love the oppurtunity to actually put something back into the community as opposed to an extremely underused FAQ over in the bass forum, and I'm trying not to be a dick anymore I also think I've got a good sense on what to let slide and such.

EDIT: I also like to think I'm pretty helpful if the poster deserves it. Otherwise a quick clip around the lugholes and a frogmarch off to google. I'm pretty much a kind of mod on my uni course as well- I get to bitch slap the lecturers around a bit if they aren't being helpoful and stuff and send them to the module leader's office of the banned. I realise that I may not be the best candidate for the job, but I believe that witrh training I could do a damn good job of it. I obviously don't have the experience of modding an online forum, but people have to start somewhere, don't they?

And are you just quitting the job, or quitting the site, Carm?
Last edited by Deliriumbassist at Sep 1, 2008,
Quote by carmel_l
Not going to indulge "me" posts.

Apologies. I edited mine.
I would like to be a mod because I hate spammers and I actually play guitar (unlike most pit goers).
Also I think I'm fair with people and somewhat nice.
Did I do it right?

Also, I'm a mod on various other websites, most of which are boring, though.

Wait, no nominating others?
Ask when DeliriumBassist is online.
He's nice.
carmel_l

I think I should get the "job of justice" because I will only abuse my power while drunk. The rest of the time I will be a good, honest, judge who is on during Australian night time.
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
*Barry white voice*

i'm here for you, baby.... i can be the mod of your life....

dont ban me

♥ ♥

Newfags can't Loveforce.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Vintage Sunburst
Yamaha Pacifica
Peavey JD acoustic
Vox AC30VT
I've been here for more than 4 years now, University's coming up again which means I'll be browsing the pit daily, and it should've happened back in 06!

On the downside though, I'm not as well known these days, but that could work in my favour.

Also: I almost met FrenchyFungus once, but he'd left the pub.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Last edited by Badreligionrock at Sep 1, 2008,
I'll be a good choice because i surf the Pit regularly, and have respect for other users. I don't 1337speak, and i respect all other forum users...no matter what their join dates.

Also, might i ask why you're going?
I can do that job because I'm over the age of 15, and therefore I'm older than 99% of UG.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
I believe I would make a good mod, for several reasons, I love the pit, I posts a lot in the pit, and know the pit pretty good I have had some forum websites in the past, I was the admin on a forum for about 2 years I think im pretty good at running a forum.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
And are you just quitting the job, or quitting the site, Carm?

I'd never stay on UG without the power to punish those who deserve it.
This is not a pipe
can 08ers apply?

or are you going with people who have been here for longer than six months?

Sanity is not statistical
Quote by carmel_l

May as well throw my name into the mix, despite having the same chance as that of Chile winning Euro 2012

• I moderate another forum, so I have experience in the role. I am in fact pretty much the only active mod there, so I'm practically holding the place together myself.
  • I'm on regularly, so there'll be quite a big chance of me seeing spam threads
  • I'd like to think I'm not exactly hated on here, so if you were to promote me, there wouldn't be a huge amount of UG'ers storming off
  • Whilst I have made some questionable posts, I believe I have the maturity needed to succeed in the position.

I'll miss you
1. I am fair and I know when someone has crossed the line.
2. I will never warn/ban someone or close a thread for an unnecessary reason.
3. I am very active on UG.
4. I am not a smartass.

Cheers carmel, I'm sure you will not be forgotten.
Quote by carmel_l
I'd never stay on UG without the power to punish those who deserve it.

Who'll do FOTB joke of the day?
I'm a maverick who frequently goes again my party's (Pitmonkey) line.

Straight talk Leon. That's what they call me.
Last edited by Leonheart at Sep 1, 2008,
Quote by daft
Me.

Edit: Didn't notice the ban bit.

I have been here for a long time. I am very experienced (kinda). I am also a great dancer.

Going to add to this for my sake.

-I have dealt with idiots on this forum in the past.
-I have moderated other forums on the net in the past.
-I have a lot of free time and I am online a lot.
-I love UG
-I reiterate that I am a great dancer.
Hmm...

1. I'm new, but I've been browsing UG since I moved from Melbourne over three years ago. I never joined because I was a mod in a (less superior) guitar help site.

2. I'm also a bandOpedia and former Wikipedia mod.

3. I'm articulate, not (really) an ass, and don't tease people.

4. I play music for a living. Since joining, I'm rarely not on/browsing UG.

Sorry to see you go, I'm heard alot about you for over a year.
I dont hold grudges and I'm fair.

Which is exactly why I cant be a mod. On the other hand, I'm young, black and can promise change.
So I'm assuming it doesn't need to be in the same timezone then?

I should be a mod because I went to Israel once as a baby.

YEAH ISRAEL

BUT seriously, I am on a lot (no life) and try to show the respect to users that they deserve... unless they don't deserve it. You'll check my history anyway, but know that I've learned from my mistakes and know when to be totz serious.
Quote by carmel_l

Reasons I would be a good choice:

1. I stay about 8 hours every day in the internet (and obviously on UG)
2. I study Ciences of Computing, so programming and informatics aren't a problem for me
3. I got a good history in warnings/bans: only two warnings in two years of UG...
4. I've been here for two years, so I know the forums work.
5. I speak and write English very well
6. I frequently report spam/troll threads (I care for the cleanness of the forums of UG)
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
making a windows machine look like a mac is like putting lipstick on a pig.

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Last edited by Bleeding_me at Sep 1, 2008,
ok, here goes

My reasons for applying are:

I believe in the cleanliness of the forum, and would be tough but fair when it comes to spammers and rule breakers.

I suffer from severe depression, and am currently being medicated for it, which means you can be assured that when I post, I do NOT bash someone based on stereotypical views of people, in particular emos, and as a person with depression, I have been through a lot, and have respect for everyone, until they do something to lose it. I recently came to UG when I was at my lowest, and the positive responses i got just blew me away. It made me see UG in a whole different way, and I would like to give something back

I spend most of my time online, and whenever I'm online, I am guareented to be on UG.

The reasons I believe I would make a good mod are:

- I know UG very well, and I know all the rules.

- I'm on everyday,and whenever I post, I always try to help other UGers

- I have never been banned, or received a warning

- I suffer severe depression, and when I was at one of my lowest points (a couple of days ago) i started a thread about it, and UG really came through for me, so I would like to give something back (by the way, the thread was called "when things get hard" just in case anyone with depression, or who knows someone with depression and would like some ideas to help them out)

- I'm genuinely a decent guy

- I'm not afraid to ban the spammers and the abusers. can't stand people who spam or break the rules on purpose

- I'm in the southern hemisphere, so i can mod and be online when the mods from the northern hemisphere are most likely sleeping.

- I currently don't go to school or work, so I'm on just about the whole day, and am constantly checking and reading threads

well, thats my application, i dont really have anything to add, except that although I'm an 08er, I've been on UG since 2005.

well, i doubt i'll get it, but who knows, maybe it'll provide you with a nice read

by the way, you'll be missed

Sanity is not statistical
Last edited by Low_End_Rocker at Sep 1, 2008,
I think i'd be good for the position as:
  • I'm on ug often.
  • I've never been banned.
  • I would moderate fairly.
  • I've been on ug over a year so i know my way around.
  • I now always use the search bar before posting a new thread.
  • I am friendly and try my best to contribute to threads.
  • I try my best to report spam and rule breaking often.
  • I am dedicated and willing to learn the ways of modship.
  • I will always edit my post rather than double post.
  • I'm almost 17 and I'm very mature
  • I don't drink so i will always have clarity of mind whilst posting.
  • Unlike most people i've read the rules.
  • I don't use meme's.

Thats about it really.
Last edited by josh999x at Sep 1, 2008,
Quote by DanRev
I dont hold grudges and I'm fair.

Which is exactly why I cant be a mod. On the other hand, I'm young, black and can promise change.

i would apply but i doubt people would want a 15 year old mod
Sigs Are For Pussies
Page 1 of 4