i bought a used fender p a few weeks ago and it sounds great except that the E string sounds flat, i checked every thing closer and i found that on the bridge one of the screw that udjust the height of the string is missing so the piece was tilted, i put som thick picks under it to raise it but the string still sounds dull and flat, my dad said that that is normal for a bass but i went to a pawn shop the other day and played a squire, peavy, epiphone, and a hofner and they all sounded fine. I can't find the problem.
Your problem is you're missing one of the screws from the bridge. Replace it.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
when i evened out the saddle it still sounded mest up, but ive already been looking for another screw
Quote by kjkamo
when i evened out the saddle it still sounded mest up, but ive already been looking for another screw

I can imagine the guitar picks were dampening the tone, get the new screw, and if that doesn't solve it, I'd say it's new bridge time.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Before you replace the bridge, replace the strings.. seriously. If the E string was played on more than the other strings, it'll go dead quicker. Replace the strings and that screw from the bridge and you'll be fine.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Just buy a new bridge. Stock Fender bridges sucked before 2008, and since yours is used, I assume it's pre-08. Go get a gotoh or a badass II. The gotoh is only $40.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite